©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

torn muscle under short-rib

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Hey guys....I think i have torn a muscle under my short rib......its FU@KEN sore and i can barely move....Any ideas how a person can treat something like this, and also how a person can sleep without turning???.......( shit..and i JUST started my 2nd week of my cycle :( )

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
damn that sucks bro. i think i had the same wiht my left quadricep. rest and relaxation is what im doing.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
How do you think you did this? You should go to the doc ASAP. You dont want your training fucked up by injuries like this. keep us posted bro.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
Robin, this is what you do (quick fix). you go straight to the gym, do not stretch or none of that crap. load the flat bench press with about 50 more pounds than your max and lift a couple times and repeat. always remember this, you need to show your muscles and tendons who are in charge. they only respond to pain and work.

j/kidding, rest it and get it checked out, if its that bad.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
TexasCreed said:
Robin, this is what you do (quick fix). you go straight to the gym, do not stretch or none of that crap. load the flat bench press with about 50 more pounds than your max and lift a couple times and repeat. always remember this, you need to show your muscles and tendons who are in charge. they only respond to pain and work.

Good point bro...but may I add a suggestion? Before doing this, scream as loud as you can, "anyone tries to spot me and ill fucking shoot you!"

then proceed to bench 50lb over your max...works everytime.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Ok, i found something that REALLY works.....its called "CATAFLAM D"...It consists of 15 tablets....3 tabs daily..Within one hour i could feel a HUGE difference...It takes out most of the pain, and cures if it has inflamation in it........I would recomend it to all you guys that ever encounters a torn muscle as such....ESPECIALLY by the ribbs...

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
nice i'll have to try all this. I have always had a problem with my right shoulder. Anterior ligament keeps stretching out so as i become more active my shoulder gets more and more prone to becoming dislocated. I had sugery on it may 03, now about 2 weeks ago the dislocation has started up again. Happened ~25 times before surgery, and now 3 times within 3 days. Keeping a regular dose of glucosamine i heard is supposed to help. Robin i would suggest goin to your orthopedic doctor and possibly getting an MRI, it could also be a lower rib fracture as well. If you go to the ER they can get you some X-rays and some pain medication, i was in and out in under 2 hours. Keep up the recovery, and if you are not too far into a cycle i would suggest canceling it. If you cant give 100% at the gym, dont waste that hard earned money.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Well dugie, i was thinking the same....Maby i MUST prospone my cycle :( In connection with CATAFLAM D, this morning when i woke up, i could feel the pain comming back...then, i took another tab, and within +- 20-30 min, i was feeling better again....so this stuff RELLY works.....only shit thing is, in South Africa its expensive, R90 or $15-00 USD...Also it seems to me that this stuff is very strong......therefore NOT recommended to children under 14years....According to the phrmisist ( reliable ), you must take it for 5 days, which means when all the pills ( 15 ) are finished.....its like a small coarse... ;)

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Well, what do you know....I just did a quick Bicep workout this morning, and now feel my old self again..I've decided NOT to stop the workout, but to continue.. ( abs and chest maby a bit later so ribs can heal )..Thing is, i feel SO f'n guilty when i dont work-out.....it's as if im cheating on myself....lol
Anyone knows of any SPECIFIED exercises i can do without using my rib-muscles??
Will keep you posted if i brake another rib......Just kidding :)

Last edited:

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
exactly, when i went in, the doc said no weights for at least 2 weeks, and i was like, are you kidding me?? Thats my life! I'm startin up monday, see how i feel then.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
dugie82 said:
exactly, when i went in, the doc said no weights for at least 2 weeks, and i was like, are you kidding me?? Thats my life! I'm startin up monday, see how i feel then.
Well my old friend, all i can say is, CATAFLAM-D DOES work...What i would sugest, is whatever is broken or torn on your body, LEAVE that specific muscles be for about 5 days......workout the other muscles...So far i have good results :)

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
that sucks, hope all feels better. i feel the same way if i dont work out or am going out later and i cut it short. i feel disgusted with myself. my quadricept was hurting still last week till i did some squats and now that seemed to loosen it up.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
I still have a slight "Disturbed Feeling" under my rib, but tonight im going to start working on my ABS........so.......hope everything is working out ok. ( What sucks, is that i have only started BB 6 weeks ago....currently going for my 3rd week on Roids...saw a HUGE difference in appearance, picked up 5kg bodyweight.....was doing SO fu@ken well, and now THIS :( )....Its like giving a kid some candy, when he's halfway through enjoying it, you take it away....now THAT sucks..

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
go surgically repair it bro!. if you dont they may have to remove it and you dont want to do that!!

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
shamrock10 said:
go surgically repair it bro!. if you dont they may have to remove it and you dont want to do that!!
Thx for the advise, but in our country ( South Africa ), your life is at stake if you wanna go to a hospital......Our education went down the drain when the black covernment ( ANC ) came in power ( no offence, but its true ).....everything is going downhill........:-( So taking a chance at home is better than dying in hospital.....believe me.....Long story short, i skipped today as well and decided to continue my workouts tomorrow, as i could feel a huge improvement under my ribs.....
PS: Me quit???...NEVER!!! ;)

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Just as a reminder....I have noticed that a person feels VERY shitty when using CATAFLAM-D as it also has ( apparently ) anti-biotics in it, but it works 100%. This stuff is so strong, it even helps for Dental pain...

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
I proceeded my workout today after about 1 week delay and guess what.....i lost NO strenght... ( could hardly believe my eyes )...feels good to be back in business :)

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
yeah thats good to hear bro. i am taking a day off today and working out hard tommorw and then going to take friday,saturday and sunday off. my body has been overworked and it has made me tired and have back pains. Here's to training hard, resting, and...and...and... and the TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!