©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Too much protein=muscle loss?!?!

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Hehe, I posted this here cuz otherwise nobody would give a shiite. I was reading in muscular development (dont laugh, i like that magazine), they said that eating too much protein makes your body release more enzymes to break the protein down, and your body ends of making most of it useless. What you all think?

W

wolfyEVH

too much is bad for the kidneys....so i believe too much can be bad...not really sure about the muscle loss.....

W

wolfyEVH

i think 450 routinely every day is pretty bad....puts alot of strain on the kidneys....but that all depends on your size, water intake, etc

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
If u are takeing protien shakes without steroids it is a waste and it will not help you gain muscle. Ur body can only consume soo much protien a day unless you mess with your hormones which steroids r doing

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Jaysonl1424 said:
If u are takeing protien shakes without steroids it is a waste and it will not help you gain muscle.

This is not true. Second, unless you have a genetic kidney disease, protein will not put much strain on a healthy individuals kidney. If it did, then all us steroid users, who eat over 400g protein day would have kidney probs. Although, I do think that eating over 400g is useless, unless you weigh over 200lbs. But then again, I was told by a guy who has worked with pro strongmen for years, that they eat at least 500g protein day when bulking...

W

wolfyEVH

Jaysonl1424 said:
If u are takeing protien shakes without steroids it is a waste and it will not help you gain muscle. Ur body can only consume soo much protien a day unless you mess with your hormones which steroids r doing

i dont see much truth in this claim....yes you need more protein on cycle, but shakes (whey) is great for you.....i really think they're only benificial to take first thing in the morning, and right after a workout (2 of the most important times of the day you need a quick digesting protein such as whey)....not to mention whey is full of BCAA's and has the highest BV of any other protein source.....

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
But the idea that eating too much is detrimental to muscle growth, rather than beneficial seems a bit off doesnt it? I can understand too much protein not making a difference in muscle growth, but to actually impede muscle growth like the artice suggested seems like crap? dont u all think?

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
wolfyEVH said:
i dont see much truth in this claim....yes you need more protein on cycle, but shakes (whey) is great for you.....i really think they're only benificial to take first thing in the morning, and right after a workout (2 of the most important times of the day you need a quick digesting protein such as whey)....not to mention whey is full of BCAA's and has the highest BV of any other protein source.....

Whey protein powders are a bit too fast acting to be beneficial other than in the morning to stop catabolism, pre workout and post workout. Although u can use caseinate protein at bedtime. good post wolfy

W

wolfyEVH

heavy said:
Whey protein powders are a bit too fast acting to be beneficial other than in the morning to stop catabolism, pre workout and post workout. Although u can use caseinate protein at bedtime. good post wolfy

yeah...would love to get ahold of some cheap casein or other blended protein formula for nighttime....but i dont have that kinda cash... :( usually i'll throw some canola oil in there to help slow down the digestion....not sure how much it slows it down, or if it even does

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
wolfyEVH said:
yeah...would love to get ahold of some cheap casein or other blended protein formula for nighttime....but i dont have that kinda cash... :( usually i'll throw some canola oil in there to help slow down the digestion....not sure how much it slows it down, or if it even does

Cottage cheese is a good slow digesting protein before bed...mix some cashews in with it and your set bro.

W

wolfyEVH

Jaysonl1424 said:
Do u think that new Nitro Tech Nighttime would work 4 bed

with a name like that i'd hope so...lol....i'm sure you could find something cheaper though....all that muscle tech shit is way too expensive

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
maybe a strain on kidneys but that can be helped w/ an increase of water intake. 450g+ does seem a bit over the top.