©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Time on Vs. Time off

Adam_david

Oct 1, 2013
Ok I know it's a general rule of thumb to take a break that's equal in length of your cycle + pct. my question is if I cycle jan feb & march. Would it be ok for me to do a small short cutter about June and then take about a 6 month break? Feedback please

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Sure. Best way to know is to get bloodwork.

Also don't over analyze, you know your body best. Be in tune and trust your body connection. You will know what is best.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Well, if you cycle starting in June, that's 3 months off and not equal to your three months + pct. There are many factors at work here, including but not limited to age, stats, experience, previous cycling history including the one from Jan-Mar. If you do start a cutter in June, how long will that last? What tends to happen is many guys come off for like a month, get antsy then just start another cycle and basically turn it into 7-8 months of steady use.
So to Daniel's point, sure, you'll be fine more than likely, but get bloodwork done, use your best judgement and a 6 month break is just fine. 6 months on may not be fine for you.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Ok I know it's a general rule of thumb to take a break that's equal in length of your cycle + pct. my question is if I cycle jan feb & march. Would it be ok for me to do a small short cutter about June and then take about a 6 month break? Feedback please

As tempting as it is you should take your proper time off. Labs would be the only way to know if you gave fully recovered but still your body needs the rest

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
It's really blood tests that dictate everything. There is no such thing as the "right time on and off". In the IFBB pro world, usually they stay on as MUCH AS POSSIBLE as LONG AS POSSIBLE assuming their blood tests and values are good.

If this is not your goal, obviously the less time you are on, usually the "healthier" it is. But, you need to objectively find out if your liver,kidney,cholesterol,and everything else is in line via blood analysis. If it's okay, you could technically do 7,10,12,or even 15 weeks on and only 3 off .....

I'm not recommending ANYTHING, I'm simply just giving you facts.

It really comes down to your personal goals, your personal decisions, and what you are willing to do. The only thing I would strongly advise you of though, is that if you are not trying to be a highly competitive bodybuilder or whatnot, do not put your body through unwarranted stress - it is the most valuable thing on this planet.

:)