©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Tilapia

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
This is why I don't eat tilapia... You think you are getting a healthy whitefish, but the reality is far from the truth. I've been getting wild cod and flounder recently. Truly delicious cooked in some organic grass fed butter and borsari seasoning

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
I can only eat the same white fish for so long then I have to switch it up anyway.

Looks like it's time for some cod or flounder

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Don't eat farmed fish. They feed the fish shit. Most of the tilapia around here comes from Vietnam.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
I heard the actually give farmed fish hormones to alter their sex to the sex that yields more meat. Forget which one it is.

I can't be be having any roids in my fish though. Steronz bad.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
And that article really sux, cuz I just bought 8 pounds of tilapia last night.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah, farm raised fish makes me nervous anymore... much better to get the wild caught fish. I'm having doubts about food mass production anyway. Its all about cheap food, not healthy food. I'm looking for ways to reduce inflammation in my body, not raising it.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Don't eat farmed fish. They feed the fish shit. Most of the tilapia around here comes from Vietnam.

I found this out after buying farm raised salmon from Costco for months. The cost is much cheaper but now I know why.:action-smiley-041: