©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Texiera vs Jones...Who wins?

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Do any of you think that Glover Texiera has a chance against Jon Jones? I think this could be good fight! I know Glover's fight last night against Bader wasn't as convincing as he would have liked and he got caught early on, but I think he could give Jones a run for his money!!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
No Jones is just a beast like Anderson. I would love to see Jones loose but not sure its gonna happen. Glover does have power though and i am going to be rooting for him!

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I think Jones will dominate him badly. He has the reach in the stand-up, and if he will dominate on the ground as well.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I hope Jones doesn't dominate him (if they fight)...I would love to see a good war. Speaking of war, I jumped the gun a bit considering Jones is fighting Gustaffson in two weeks...Thoughts on that match up?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I hope Jones doesn't dominate him (if they fight)...I would love to see a good war. Speaking of war, I jumped the gun a bit considering Jones is fighting Gustaffson in two weeks...Thoughts on that match up?

I don't really think it will be much of a match up. In all honesty I would really like to see jones and Anderson get it on. They both walk around at 230 ish before cutting weight. It will probably never happen but that's the super fight IMHO.

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
seeing as how the ufc is still looking to build up jones' fan base and record...i doubt they have him up against someone who really has a chance, they want to make him seem unbeatable...that draws fans

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
seeing as how the ufc is still looking to build up jones' fan base and record...i doubt they have him up against someone who really has a chance, they want to make him seem unbeatable...that draws fans

I don't think that is true at all. Jones has beat everyone the UFC has put in front of him. Dana is not big on people fighting in 2 different weight classes. I don't see anyone right now as a lh giving jones much of a fight. Though I would like to see somebody beat him

Last edited:

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
I think Jones will KO Gustafson for some reason in the back or front of my head....it's coming from somewhere. lol:D

I'm not a big Jones fan, but I don't see anybody in the LW division beating him right now.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Glover for sure has a chance.
Guy has HEAVY hands. Chuck Liddel has raved about him over and over.

I say Glover rd 1 Ko

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006

I say Glover rd 1 Ko

That's a good point, if he connects, anything is possible for sure. Man, I miss the Iceman!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

I say Glover rd 1 Ko

Thanks rAJ! There's at least one person out there besides me that thinks this way!! LOL!!

I really think Glover has a chance here! If he fights a a smart fight and sticks to a good game plan, I think he has a real chance at winning this fight!! The odds still favor Jones but this could be one of those epic battles...If it is, win or loose Texiera will have cemented his place as a top fighter!