©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Texas Workforce Commission

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
Mainly for people in texas, if you ever been unemployed and received a check, how long did you stay on it upon new job? i have a new job now, and was just wondering, hate to get in trouble, but would love a little overlap.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Depends on if your new company is reporting you already or not. Chances are they are ......And when you get found out, the TWC will make you pay them back.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
the shit has hit the fan, so to speak. i got a letter in the mail yesterday saying i need to call them about filing incorrectly. so i called them and they were asking why when you filed , you did not report earning or time from a new job. and i was like i didnt get paid yet and i thought yall would make the adjustment. so about 30 minutes later he said you will have to pay back in full the 4 1/2 weeks of payment, and that i will receive a letter in the mail about this. But before that he had to read me this law saying that you can face a fine, jail time or fraud charges for lying or deceving the gov. and that is freaking the fuck out of me. The friends who did this said they just paid back. Are they using that as a scare tactic? i just dont want to go to jail and lose my job.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
They're just making sure you know that if you Fuck around with paying them back, they can fuck around with you more.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
i thought so, im more calm now, im going call them in a few and jsut say letme start paying back now.