©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Test-Deac Work Out

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Hey Swull Guyz (no homo). Going into 5th week of cycle here. Been kinda light warming the joints up. Below is new workout to start the mass. All opinions/changes welcome. Lemme know!

Chest & Triceps:
Flat Dumbell: 5 sets 5
Flies Dumbell: 4 sets 6-8
Decline Bench: 5 sets 5
Cable CrossOvers: 4 sets 6-8
Skull Crushers: 4 sets 6-8
Close Grip: 4 sets 6-8
Dumb Extensions: 4 sets 6-8
Rope Extensions: 4 sets 6-8

Legs & Biceps
Squats: 5 sets 5
Leg Press: 5 sets 5
Leg Curls: 4 sets 6-8
Leg Ext: 4 sets 6-8
Calf Raises: 3 sets 20-30
Seats Dumb Curls: 4 sets 6-8
Preacher Curls: 4 sets 6-8
Hammer Curls: 4 sets 6-8
Reverse Curls: 4 sets 6-8
Forearms: 3 sets 20-30 reps Both Ways

Incline Chest/Shoulders
Incline Dumb Press: 5 sets 5
Incline Flies: 4 sets 6-8
Dumb Military Press: 4 sets 6-8
Lateral Raises: 4 sets 6-8
Bent Over Rear Delt Ext: 4 sets 6-8
Shrugs: 4 sets 20-30

Back
Wide Grip Pull Ups: 4 sets As Many As Possible
Lat Pull Downs: 4 sets 6-8
Dead Lifts: 5 sets 5
Dumb Rows: 4 sets 6-8
Close Grip Pull Dwns: 4 sets 6-8
Wide Grip Cable Rows: 4 sets 6-8

Abs: Befor or After Every Workout
Obliques: 4 sets of 20
Ball Crunches: 4 sets of 30-40
Leg Raises: 4 sets As many as possible

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
honestly, your doin way too much sets. Damn bro that work out would frikkin kill me. your doin way too msets. In my opionion drop the sets and do more Mike Mentzter type of work out. Ya know, High intensity to failure...jus my opionion GetS.. let me know what you think..:)

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
There is no right answer when it comes to training. And different methods work for different people. The key is picking a routine that allows progression and fits around you. When I see your routine what comes to mind is less is more. Your doing far too many sets. If I write detail I could be here all night but what I will say is pick a program that allows you to work at full intensity and gives you sufficient recovery.

If I was to generalize (1001 ways)... if you want to bulk I would rec 3-4 days per week. No more than 5. Couple parts such as chest with tri-ceps, back with bi-ceps etc. So big muscle groups with smaller which are interconnected. You want to aim at about 12-15 sets for the larger ones (chest and back) and 6-10 sets for smaller groups such as tri-ceps and bi-ceps. So a typical day for chest and tri-cep may look like-

Incline barbell presses 4 sets 12-6 reps
Flat dumbbell presses 4 sets 12-6 reps
Incline dumbbell Flyes 4 sets 12-6 reps
Cable Crossovers 4 sets 15-6 reps

Close Grip bench press 4 sets 12-6 reps
Dumbbell extensions 3 sets 12-6 reps
Rope pulldowns 3 sets 15-6 reps

The key is to allow progression and find what works for you. Aim to get stronger week by week. Mix it up... do one week were you do 6 days per week and one were you go twice and do full body workouts. But on the whole 3-4 days per week and incorporate lots of different training methods in between till you find yourself. Go heavy and intense and be out of the gym in an hour then eat and rest.

Last edited:

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
Okay Elvial, So the works are the somedome. Pardon mr expression Elvia, I live in a Hick town in The USA York springs PA. Its not like the brits in london.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
I see..thanks.

I'll keep the 5 sets 5 on my larger lifts and bring the smaller ones down to 3 sets of 6-8 reps. I don't wanna go too high in reps..looking for mass. But i think that my tweak it just right??

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I see..thanks.

I'll keep the 5 sets 5 on my larger lifts and bring the smaller ones down to 3 sets of 6-8 reps. I don't wanna go too high in reps..looking for mass. But i think that my tweak it just right??

Don't always think higher reps is for hardening/tone and lower reps is for bulk. Although when I wrote 12-6 that was more for the warm up sets. I was thinking 6 reps for the heavy ones. I am currently doing warm ups and just one heavy set per bodypart were I do a rest pause with 3 failure points. So say I am bench pressing I pick a weight I am gonna get about 9 reps from then when I fail I have a brief rest and go again... usually get about 6 reps on the second fail and go again for about 2 reps (DC style).

But yeah what you write sounds ideal. Your routine includes some really good exercises so would be ideal if you just take away some movements and lower sets for the others. The 5x5 and 3 sets for smaller ones sounds great. Let us know in a few weeks how things are going and if you feel better for changing things up.

Oh and Rot I sound nothing like anyone from London. That accent is... well I will be quiet. Ignorance in the media... sometimes I think everyone in the US thinks us brits sound like the queen and drink tea all day... ok so I drink tea all day but thats about it! Think of the beatles... thats were I am from.

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
Oh, Komon, Elvia. where is your brotherhood? Peace my friend and merry Christmast .....:)

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
Okay Elvia, You think you know all. you shit. Let me tell you you mother you can go F yourself and your little fucking prince goerge.. asswipe. :p voltPEACE...my friend:eek:

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Elvia< you know i'm just fucking with you.:)

I wasn't sure at first... haha. Have a great Xmas and New Year too. Really looking forward to Xmas this year. I have a new girl and things are good... plus she said she has got me 10 presents... I hope they are 5 vials of test, 3 eq, bag of dbol and adrol to finish off :) Actually she did give me some money to get a vial of test for my bday... how good is that :)

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
I've decided to bring large lifts to 4 sets of 6 (recommended by Elvia) and focus on intensity and form still ovcourse. All other lifts 3 sets of 6 keeping my sets in the range he recomm. also!

On traps, forearms, and claves..as you see m 3 sets are high reps mostly now. Should I keep these low in 12-6 reps also?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Training for most is purely individual. What works for one guy,, may overtrain another. Your doing some high volume training in that workout.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Training for most is purely individual. What works for one guy,, may overtrain another. Your doing some high volume training in that workout.

Exactly.

My fav rountine when I wanna bulk is 2 or 3 days per week... no more. Doing full body workouts in each but only 1 exercise per bodypart. But mainly using compound movements such as deadlifts, squats, bench press etc.

I would keep most movments in the 12-6 rep range. But occasionally go over to shock the muscles. I have to say though I do prefer higher reps for forearms and calves. But as Alin stated training is purely individual. My current calf routine is a killer. I only do 1 exercise and about 4 sets but only 1 working set. It's taken from dc. You could use a horizontal leg press machine or a standing calf raise machine etc. Do your warm up sets and then get to your heavy set. In which you wanna aim for about 10 reps. You have to slow motion mode. 5 secs to raise and hold then 5 secs in the nagative and hold again. When your in the fully stretched position you have to hold for a solid 15 secs and that is classed as 1 rep! You don't have to use silly weights for this method but most importantly you must progress through the weeks/months in reps and weight. You could give that a try and it's over and done with in 10-15 mins.

Or just pick aroutine you like the look of. Maybe 3 exercises at 3-4 sets each using different rep rangesbut going heavy for 6 reps with mostmovements. Maybe finish of with a lighter set of 25 reps or so.

rocco-x

Jan 13, 2009
what exactly are your goals?are you trying to put on as much size as possible or just wanting to tone up?as Elvia said there's no one workout for everyone.it's all trial and error unfortunately.it's taken me nearly 20yrs off and on(more off than on,lol)to figure out what really works for me.i respond well to a low volume/heavy wght routine like the max-ot program.depending on how i'm recovery wise i sometimes throw in a higher volume routine like gvt or something similar like an 8 x 8.muscle can be built using a myriad of ways.high reps,low reps it all depends on the quality of your sets/reps.overtraining will eventually catch up to you with the type of program you're running now.it's inevitable.check out www.thepumpingstation.com for some great tips and programs.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Def. looking for just size. My body responds well to the low reps of 6-8, though i love the pump of finishing a set with high reps now and then. I was just looking for what ELVIA gave me...what is an average of sets per body part to stay within. I think I've found my rep range..though Ill mix it up.

THanks

PS. I need PCT order and dont need another $200 order from Alin (minimum to order). Anywhere I can order the nolve and clomid alone?

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
What about Traps, Forearms, and Calves. If looking for size...what's an opinion most people go with.

I only do 3 sets of shrugs at end of workout, and was thinking of adding dumbell side shrugs after barbell? ( i do deadlifts too and stuff) Was thinking of high reps, been doing 3 sets of 20...but maybe i need something different.

Forearms...just do wrist curls in both directions. About 3 sets of 15-20 reps too gives me big pump...but no clue on what's the usual rep range to get them size. Same with Calves!!

All opinions welcome..just cleaning up program.

PS. Injurred hand and didn't workout hard for about 4 months before the cycle started. But I've gone from 198 to 225 and 7 weeks in! Lot of it was natural weight just coming back..but im stoked on geten SWULLLL