©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Sticking point on incline

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Any advice? Stuck at 405 an training alone so can't do forced negs or a few other things. My rotator cuff on right shoulder was torn an never got surgery tho I'm getting weight back up with no problems but I still take that in consideration.

Also no one here I can really ask for a spot often.

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Ever used bands? Bands help me with sticking points... Also heavy dips for stronger triceps.

I will also loop a band through a kettle bell and put that on the bar. It really helps with stability muscles which in turns helps with power and deive

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Used them for legs but not chest yet. Definitely give it a shot. Interesting tho I can get 4-5 reps out but if I throw 10s on each side can't break 1 rep.

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Used them for legs but not chest yet. Definitely give it a shot. Interesting tho I can get 4-5 reps out but if I throw 10s on each side can't break 1 rep.

That's a mental fuck there! Haha I'm the same way with DL. I can pull my PR over and over again. Then I add 10's and won't come off the floor. But if I have someone else racking the bar and I don't know what's on there, I can crush it

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Lol my old workout partner used to do that to me. Just add a couple small plates when I wasn't looking. It did help too lol. I'll do chest again Saturday evening so I think I'll start working the bands an switch up my tricep workout as well. I really haven't pushed them too hard by themselves since last injury but it hasn't been hurting lately at all so maybe it's time.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Bands ↑↑ , more rear delt work to dig out of the dead zone, and toss a 10lb plate under front foot of incline bench to alter angle a tad for the torn rotator that u should get fixed matey
Ib

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Bands ↑↑ , more rear delt work to dig out of the dead zone, and toss a 10lb plate under front foot of incline bench to alter angle a tad for the torn rotator that u should get fixed matey
Ib

Thanks IB. Didn't think about adjusting the bench angle. I'll hit the rear delts a little harder too!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Sucks about no spot /partner. Stick points always go away when a partner warms your face up a bit. Couple good stiff blasts to face and you'll be repping it and be past the mental block. Careful with the cuff stuff Rory . Ispent many years under heavy stuff and now at 51 need all sorts of shit fixed.
Heavy dumbells were much easier on my shoulders. maybe cycle your poundages a bit then work back down. good luck , T......

Kalel

Jun 28, 2013
There's been a lot of research about chains too. Putting chains on either end of the bar helps sticky points. Mine is about half way up on flat bench and I plan to utilize this myself to see how it goes

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
First off, 405 is no joke. Especially on incline. Great work!

What is your Rep range with the 405? I have a mental block as well until I hit a past a certain amount of reps. Then I think, Well if I can do x amount of reps with this weight, I can add 5- 10 lbs.

Fubase, Iron, and Turbo always have great advice.