©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Simple liver aid

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Are you on pintrest IB? My mom sent this to me as well. Coupled with green tea, I think it would be great. Gives me more ideas for all the cucumbers I get from my garden. P. S. If you are on pintrest, let me know, I will add you. :D

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Are you on pintrest IB? My mom sent this to me as well. Coupled with green tea, I think it would be great. Gives me more ideas for all the cucumbers I get from my garden. P. S. If you are on pintrest, let me know, I will add you. :D

There are some things you just don't mention to your buddies- the fact that you're on Pinterest is one of them!!!

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I'm gonna try this. I've had my gall bladder removed many moons ago and sometimes I get pain in the upper right quadrant. Doc says it can be stones or just bile. But I found that one or two lemons in warm water relieve the symptoms quickly. I'll be adding the other ingredients to the mix now. Thanks IB.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I'm gonna try this. I've had my gall bladder removed many moons ago and sometimes I get pain in the upper right quadrant. Doc says it can be stones or just bile. But I found that one or two lemons in warm water relieve the symptoms quickly. I'll be adding the other ingredients to the mix now. Thanks IB.

Add this supplement BB.Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) buy in bulk powder form is cheapest..
Got this from my tumbler fitness following magnus.. lol. Hookin up pinterest..
E shadddup..lol.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yup i needed something this simple! Does lime juice also aide in detox?

Hell yes. I do one lime every morning as it wakes up the liver plus has an enzyme that helps prevent stomach cancers ..I buy a sack at costco and one of these press things and its awesome. Great for making kamakazi's with Ts wife. .lol. oops..

Lime/ lemons contain unique flavonoid compounds that have antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. Of special interest in limes have been flavonoids called flavonol glycosides, including many kaempferol-related molecules. While these flavonoids have been shown to stop cell division in many cancer cell lines, they are perhaps most interesting for their antibiotic effects. In several villages in West Africa where cholera epidemics had occurred, the inclusion of lime juice during the main meal of the day was determined to have been protective against the contraction of cholera. (Cholera is a disease triggered by activity of the bacteria called Vibrio cholera). Researchers quickly began to experiment with the addition of lime juice to the sauce eaten with rice, and in this role, lime juice was also found to have a strong protective effect against cholera.

Several other fascinating research studies on the healing properties of lemons and limes have shown that cell cycles—including the decision a cell makes about whether to divide (called mitosis) or die (apoptosis—are altered by lime juice, as are the activities of special immune cells called monocytes.

In addition to their unique phytonutrient properties, lemons and limes are an excellent source of vitamin C, one of the most important antioxidants in nature. Vitamin C is one of the main antioxidants found in food and the primary water-soluble antioxidant in the body. Vitamin C travels through the body neutralizing any free radicals with which it comes into contact in the aqueous environments in the body both inside and outside cells. Free radicals can interact with the healthy cells of the body, damaging them and their membranes, and also cause a lot of inflammation, or painful swelling, in the body. This is one of the reasons that vitamin C has been shown to be helpful for reducing some of the symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

Since free radicals can damage blood vessels and can change cholesterol to make it more likely to build up in artery walls, vitamin C can be helpful for preventing the development and progression of atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease.

Vitamin C is also vital to the function of a strong immune system. The immune system's main goal is to protect you from illness, so a little extra vitamin C may be useful in conditions like colds, flus, and recurrent ear infections.

Owing to the multitude of vitamin C's health benefits, it is not surprising that research has shown that consumption of vegetables and fruits high in this nutrient is associated with a reduced risk of death from all causes including heart disease, stroke and cancer.

Limonins Support Optimal Health

In animal studies and laboratory tests with human cells, compounds in citrus fruits, including lemons and limes, called limonoids have been shown to help fight cancers of the mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon. Now, scientists from the US Agricultural Research Service (ARS) have shown that our bodies can readily absorb and utilize a very long-acting limonoid called limonin that is present is citrus fruits in about the same amount as vitamin C.

In citrus fruits, limonin is present in the form of limonin glucoside, in which limonin is attached to a sugar (glucose) molecule. Our bodies easily digest this compound, cleaving off the sugar and releasing limonin.

In the ARS study, 16 volunteers were given a dose of limonin glucoside in amounts ranging from those that would be found in from 1 to 7 glasses of orange juice. Blood tests showed that limonin was present in the plasma of all except one of the subjects, with concentrations highest within 6 hours after consumption. Traces of limonin were still present in 5 of the volunteers 24 hours after consumption!

Limonin's bioavailability and persistence may help explain why citrus limonoids are potent anti-carcinogens that may prevent cancerous cells from proliferating. Other natural anti-carcinogens are available for much less time; for example, the phenols in green tea and chocolate remain active in the body for just 4 to 6 hours.

The ARS team are now investigating the potential cholesterol-lowering effects of limonin. Lab tests indicate that human liver cells produce less apo B when exposed to limonin. Apo B is a structural protein that is part of the LDL cholesterol molecule and is needed for LDL production, transport and binding, so higher levels of apo B translate to higher levels of LDL cholesterol.

Protection against Rheumatoid Arthritis

While one study suggests that high doses of supplemental vitamin C makes osteoarthritis, a type of degenerative arthritis that occurs with aging, worse in laboratory animals, another indicates that vitamin C-rich foods, such as lemons and limes, provide humans with protection against inflammatory polyarthritis, a form of rheumatoid arthritis involving two or more joints.

The findings, presented in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases were drawn from a study of more than 20,000 subjects who kept diet diaries and were arthritis-free when the study began, and focused on subjects who developed inflammatory polyarthritis and similar subjects who remained arthritis-free during the follow-up period. Subjects who consumed the lowest amounts of vitamin C-rich foods were more than three times more likely to develop arthritis than those who consumed the highest amounts

Attachments

• images (9).jpg
    images (9).jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Food.How_to_Make_a_Kamikaze_SD_xxlarge.jpg
    Food.How_to_Make_a_Kamikaze_SD_xxlarge.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Oh yeah im ironbuilt1 on pinterest. Now I gotta see how I use it. U guys friend me ,ill let u be in my world. Lol.. Magnus I need the buffalo hide thong pattern. Pin me it. Thanks..

Attachments

• fur-thong.jpg
    fur-thong.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 74

Ogre

Jul 24, 2014
Kansas
Good stuff IB.I'm going to give this a try.2 months ago I had blood work done and my liver enzymes were up both in the 70's.As you may recall I also enjoy my cereal malt beverages.I go back oct 30 to have blood work again.I'll post results.Thanks.

Last edited: