©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Salmon & 'Shrooms

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
(Or, Saumon aux Champingons when i'm feeling uppity)

582735_3876699988238_1172583289_n.jpg

Salmon filets with the perfect mushroom-wine topping!

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 2 for normal people; a mere inbetween meal for us.

Ingredients

1 lb. fresh Atlantic Salmon
1 T. lightly salted butter
2 cups chopped fresh Mushrooms
1 cup chopped Scallions (greens and bulbs)
2 T dried Chervil
1 T Lemon-Pepper seasoning blend
1 t. Filé Powder (optional)
1/2 cup sweet white wine (Moscato is best)
2 oz. 2% Milk

Directions
Grill or Broil Salmon, turning once, with no spices or 'extras.'

While Salmon is cooking, cook Mushrooms, Scallions, and Chervil in a covered saucepan over medium heat. After about 8 minutes, add wine, lemon pepper and filé. Turn heat up until just boiling; keep saucepan uncovered and boil off most of the wine.

When only a little liquid is left, add milk and stir vigorously (milk will look like it has separated or curdled; just keep going and trust the recipe!). Once milk has been absorbed/boiled off, remove from heat and cover.

Serve salmon with mushroom mixture presented on top. Serve with a side salad.

Nutritional Info:

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 2 (so, you'll eat both; double below info)

Amount Per Serving
Calories: 620.9

Total Fat: 25.7 g
Cholesterol: 178.6 mg
Sodium: 198.1 mg
Total Carbs: 14.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
Protein: 63.4 g

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Milburn just put on his apron and made a Hella good dish .. Thanks bro and pictures to go with it. Just printed this one out brutha and gonna grab a piecea king Sammy tomorrow..

You hear about that genetic derived Atlantic salmon in panama that's approved to eat by FDA? . Grows twice as fast and is a mix of three salmon breeds.. Look up "Frankenfish" and stores don't have to say it's genetic mutated so watch for the three eyed salmon bro..

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Milburn now admits that he used to own a bar/pub...and even though I worked primarily as the head bartender, I designed all of our dishes :)

As for the fish....I *ONLY* buy wild-caught fish in US or Canadian waters; I avoid the farm-fished, GMO, and imported stuff. In addition to being health-conscious, my family has been in the fishing/boating industry in this country for 400 years, and I am partial to supporting that heritage. And the stuff is just much better for you than the shit-eating frankenfish farmed stuff....