©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

romano screws up in latest MD magazine

P

pincrusher

yes its true romano screwed up. in his column in md where he responds to letters from people he told someone that the ester weight is not included in the dosing of a product. he could not have been any more wrong :D
whenever you take the dosing strength of any steroid product with an attached ester, you must always deduct the ester weight from the total dosing amount. this has been stated by pretty much everyone else but romano to be fact so in this case he is an idiot.
this is a good example of where you take a pro bodybuilder and ask him questions about stuff he doesnt fully understand himself. LOL

when an ester is attached to a steroid, for example test enanthate, the ester becomes part of the steroid itself since it is bound to it. this creates a higher weight to the steroid because of the bound ester to it so a single testosterone molecule becomes heavier. for example 1mg of testosterone by itself only weights the equvalent of 1mg but when you attach an enanthate ester to it, now it weights more so it you still want to say you have 1mg of steroid you need to reduce the amount till it equals the same 1mg as the base powder. there is a much more technical explaination but i dont know exactly how to explain it that everyone would understand.
bottom line is i caught john romano giving missinformation out in the magazine :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
good spot!

That reminds me of the time my best friend raised his hand and corrected the professor on a math problem. I was so proud of him! Thanks for bringing us into the chemical science portion of all this!

l3i0hazard

Feb 9, 2005
blah
I had the same question about the potency of different esters and I was given this link:

http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/esters.html#1

Here is a quote from that article:
There is however one way that we can say an ester does technically effect potency; it is calculated in the steroid weight. The heavier the ester chain, the greater is its percentage of the total weight. In the case of testosterone enanthate for example, 250mg of esterified steroid (testosterone enanthate) is equal to only 180mg of free testosterone. 70mgs out of each 250mg injection is the weight of the ester. If we wanted to be really picky, we could consider enanthate slightly MORE potent than cypionate (I know this goes against popular thinking) as its ester chain contains one less carbon atom (therefore taking up a slightly smaller percentage of total weight). Propionate would of course come out on top of the three, releasing a measurable (but not significant) amount more testosterone per injection than cypionate or enanthate.

So does anyone know how to calculate how much free steroid there actually is based on how it is esterfied? I'm curious about how much more potent proprionate is over cypionate or enanthate.

W

wolfyEVH

l3i0hazard said:
I had the same question about the potency of different esters and I was given this link:

http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/esters.html#1

Here is a quote from that article:

So does anyone know how to calculate how much free steroid there actually is based on how it is esterfied? I'm curious about how much more potent proprionate is over cypionate or enanthate.

you just subtract the ester weight from the total weight.......its not really all that important to know anyways...prop is definitely more potent per mg.....i'm just guessing, but just say 100mg of prop has about 85mg of actual test versus say 100mg of enanthate is probably 70mg of actual test

l3i0hazard

Feb 9, 2005
blah
Ok I got these results:

free steroid = dosage - dosage(ester weight/(steroid weight + ester weight))

testosterone propionate at 100mg/ml:

steroid weight = 288.42
ester weight = 56.07

free test = 100mg - 100mg(56.07/(288.42 + 56.07)) = 83.72mg

testosterone cypionate at 250mg/ml:

steroid weight = 288.42
ester weight = 124.18

free test = 250mg - 250mg(124.18/(288.42+124.18)) = 174.76mg

So 500mg of testosterone cypionate would be equivalent to 417mg of testosterone propionate.

Is this right? I calculated the ester weights by looking up the molecular weight of the esterfied version of the steroid and then subtracting the molecular weight of the non-estered version - is there any easier way to do this?

Last edited:
W

wolfyEVH

l3i0hazard said:
Ok I got these results:

free steroid = dosage - dosage(ester weight/(steroid weight + ester weight))

testosterone propionate at 100mg/ml:

steroid weight = 288.42
ester weight = 56.07

free test = 100mg - 100mg(56.07/(288.42 + 56.07)) = 83.72mg

testosterone cypionate at 250mg/ml:

steroid weight = 288.42
ester weight = 124.18

free test = 250mg - 250mg(124.18/(288.42+124.18)) = 174.76mg

So 500mg of testosterone cypionate would be equivalent to 349.52mg of testosterone propionate.

Is this right? I calculated the ester weights by looking up the molecular weight of the esterfied version of the steroid and then subtracting the molecular weight of the non-estered version - is there any easier way to do this?

is there any reason why you want to do this?? like i said before, it doesnt really matter that much.

l3i0hazard

Feb 9, 2005
blah
I just want to know what the equivalencies are...

I got the wieghts from www.steraloids.com BTW...which seem to contradict some other resources on the web for ester weights...i hate chemistry...

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
I'm rusty and I got Bs & Cs in chemistry and I failed organic chemistry more than 10 years ago, but it looks alright to me.