©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Reason to become a bodybuilder...

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Why a bodybuilder?

I was a thin guy all my life....After getting a bit bigger ( due to workouts ), i realise a persons self-image rises a lot as well as courage ( fucking up the guy who always thought he was mr WONDERFULL )...Best thing off all was, al my fights ( lost about 99% ), was with big mothers.....never my size or smaller...Any reason why you guys took up bb??....would be quite interesting hearing other stories :p

Last edited:

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
When I was young, to pick up chicks. Now, just to keep the arthritis from setting in. lol

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I'm 33yrs old, have had 2 fights in my life, so that had nothing to do with it. This is one of those things I wanted to do since I was 14. As you get older you realize that your running out of time so you try more. I'm no bodybuilder, just want to look like I could be one.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
i have always been in sports and a big guy from working out. you just tend to stable off and decided to take it to a new level. i have still not even tapped into what is possible. but self-confidence is a huge factor, as well as having girls and women stare at you and tell you how good u look. fights dont matter, i have always one the majority, but it does help intimidate the other.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
I have to agree with blackbird. I don't like to fight and I don't look for fights. But, if you start one, I get to say when it's over.
I was a rail thin kid who would gravitate to the magazine rack in stores. I could spend hours looking through BB magazines and motorcycle magazines. I realized young that some people always talked about what they would like to do and others actually did it. So I decided I wasn't going to be one of the talkers.
I actually don't have the genetics for bodybuilding, so I worked out for about 24 years making very little progress. I gained weight, but no one ever asked me if I worked out. My biggest gains started when I discovered creatine. From there I graduated to supplements that really work (not OTC). Now I weigh 240 (108.86 kg), have a 50" chest and 18 " arms, but it took me 29 years to get here.

Last edited:

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
texascreed said:
i have always been in sports and a big guy from working out. you just tend to stable off and decided to take it to a new level. i have still not even tapped into what is possible. but self-confidence is a huge factor, as well as having girls and women stare at you and tell you how good u look. fights dont matter, i have always one the majority, but it does help intimidate the other.
amen to that! i want to see people stare in shock the next time they see me. i have a friend who was in my weight training class (before i started juicing) who got me interested in it because he was HUGE the guy is 5'8 and 210lbs. forearms are huge also. i swear im not gay but looking at those forearms took my breath away. if it can make a STRAIGHT guy feel that way, imagine what it could do for the ladies... LOL :D

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
eh.. at 200lbs i feel that i am better built than the vast majority of people on the street. I started BB mainly after i realized in HS that i played sports not for the love of the sport, but to lift weights. I loved the way i could actually look at myself in the mirror while other people still had to be self-concious. People know right away that they wouldnt want to mess w/ me, and somehow i get more respect from being big. Only problem is now, with more self confidence, some girls take that as being cocky, which can turn the 1% of girls away that would actually be relationship material. It will be a definate help later in life for me, and living a healthy lifestyle(yes w/ AAS lol) helps get you through the days that much easier.