©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

RBC & headaches

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
My red blood cell count (RBC) is too high right now. It's over 600 and I think I feel better when its around 550. I say this because I have low-level headaches on most days and I can't think of a different cause for them. Anyway, I have already donated blood at the Red Cross the maximum amount allowed until January (I don't understand this rule since it should be based on your RBC--not how much blood you have donated). Anybody else have this problem and what can I do to lower my RBC?

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Your headaches could also be from high blood pressure, I know many guys who always get headaches on cycle...

As for the RBC count, do you smoke? Smokers have high levels of RBC's. You should also drink plenty of water to keep from being dehydrated, this may help lower your RBC slightly.

Last edited:

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
my blood pressure is healthy & I don't smoke

My blood pressure is almost always under 120. Yesterday it was 99/79 before my workout. Smoking is not an issue. Perhaps I could drink a little more but I usually try to drink as often as I remember to do so. I'll try to force myself to drink more. Thanks!

Last edited:

jesok

Sep 17, 2005
I'd hold off until you gets these headaches under control.
Pain is an indicative mechanism... there is a reason for the headaches.... need to find out why.... and remedy the problem.
Hopefully... it is just a simple rule of hydrating daily.

Good luck.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
headache free today

Yesterday I forced myself to drink 4 extra liters of water and today is the first day in about 7 that I haven't had a headache. I think hydration may be it.