©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Question- keep eating?

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
So for those following on the epic debate on PM. I got hungry earlier, cut this up to take with me for the day after breakfast. just got home. Ate some more. Still hungry, an still early... :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353452565.370065.jpg

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I do not buy into the eat when hungry theory like 'some' preach over there...I think that is bullshit! If you are going to grow then you need to pound it in, period...Of course if you are not putting in the work you are going to get fat but, from 'those' that think that if you eat like a bird (only when you are really hungry) and you are going to grow into 'their' size, they are just selling something, like always.....

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
I can lose muscle pretty fast I've learned from experience if I don't eat. As long as I stay away from carbs I stay relatively lean.

Now right now I know I can finish out a 15lb turkey but it'll effect my night workout. Some days I'll be high stressed an no appetite whatsoever. Today's not one of those days tho lol.

Would be nice tho to eat a whole turkey a day no problems....

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
First, yes, eat that damn bird! If you don't, I will...

Regarding the discussion on PM, lets look at what we hope to achieve, hunger aside. We want to add as much lean tissue as possible without compromising health and be able to retain that muscle at showtime.

What if you are eating like a horse, and not getting fat, but not gaining significant muscle either? You have to push yourself outside of your comfort zone. I do not know many people who have gone through their lives living in the comfort zone (in anything) and have achieved greatness.

You have to eat to put yourself into a position that when you diet down to your weight class you are going to be cramming as much lean mass on your frame as possible. This might take some force feeding, but just because you are force feeding does not mean your will immediately have detrimental health effects or turn into a lard ass. That takes time... A period of force feeding to break a plateau is often needed to take your body to the next level.

Yeah, I am new to this sport as a competitor but understand that life is about taking calculated risks. Sometimes it takes something a little off the deep end to get you from Point A to Point B.

Side Note - One thing I've seen on this board that I really like is that people tend to actually read a post and consider the view and debate it intelligently without making it personal.

Incognito1

Dec 24, 2012
I think different things work for different people. I don't for a second claim to be a mass monster cause I'm far from it. 6ft tall about 220lbs at about 10-12%. But I was curious about this theory a few months ago so i decided to give it a go. I have started eating set macros per serve and only eating when hungry. Ive even cut out drinking protein shakes (with the exception of post training)I'm honestly surprised. I'm not eating as much but I look and feel better. I haven't lost any size but I have definitely leaned up a bit. Not saying its for everyone but I told myself I would stick at it for a year. I don't plan on ever competing but I am passionate about the sport.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I pretty much fit the same bill Incognito, but a bit less lean these days. I'm tempted not to cut my eating, just increase exercise associated thermogenesis.