©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Q&A with the Legend Ed Coan!!

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
USPF & IPF World Powerlifting Champion and "the greatest powerlifter in the history of the sport", Ed Coan has agreed to do a video feed Q&A with the members of AnaSCI!!

Please post any questions you would have for the Legend here in this thread and once we receive enough we will be sending them over to Ed and he will answer them through a video feed!!

HUGE thanks to Ed for being a part of our board and taking the time to do this Q&A with the members here at AnaSCI:)

Attachments

• EDCOAN.jpg
    EDCOAN.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 125

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Thanks so much Ed for doing this! I have a few questions...

How did Ed periodize his training? When he reached a plateau, what methods did he use to crack it?

What were the biggest struggles or hardest period of time for him during his career? Why?

What things did Ed do to maintain his health during his career?

What advice would he give now to a young Ed who has just a few years of training under his belt?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003

How did Ed periodize his training? When he reached a plateau, what methods did he use to crack it?

What were the biggest struggles or hardest period of time for him during his career? Why?

What advice would he give now to a young Ed who has just a few years of training under his belt?

There we go, let's get the questions going!!

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003

There we go, let's get the questions going!!

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Ed, First off thanks for this opportunity. Here are some questions I have as I am starting to compete again after a 15 year layoff.

1). How important is it to train both sumo and conventional to improve on deadlifts, when you compete using a conventional stance? And why?

2). Should one train oly style squats as well as PL squats for PL competitions?

3). What is your take on 10-15 second walkouts? Needed or overrated?

4). Thanks again!!

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
1. whats so great about a crockpot?
2. is it raw if it's in a mono?
3. do you know anyone who does sheiko?
4. will we ever leave quads?
5.how that fuck did your dogs get so big?
6.if you came back to compete would you go open or masters?
7. do you get mad when i park in the front of the gym and you have to park further down, causing you to walk to the gym?
8. what season of Grimm are you on?
9. did you ever do cardio?
10. since you are a ginger what does not having a soul feel like?
11. why the fuck aren't we keeping the bars in the locked room anymore?
12. if you ever came back to single ply would you want to be sponsored by inzer or titan?

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
1. whats so great about a crockpot?
2. is it raw if it's in a mono?
3. do you know anyone who does sheiko?
4. will we ever leave quads?
5.how that fuck did your dogs get so big?
6.if you came back to compete would you go open or masters?
7. do you get mad when i park in the front of the gym and you have to park further down, causing you to walk to the gym?
8. what season of Grimm are you on?
9. did you ever do cardio?
10. since you are a ginger what does not having a soul feel like?
11. why the fuck aren't we keeping the bars in the locked room anymore?
12. if you ever came back to single ply would you want to be sponsored by inzer or titan?

Damn, I was waiting for some of those questions to be about his sex life...Or how he really dresses in the locker room:p:D

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Damn, I was waiting for some of those questions to be about his sex life...Or how he really dresses in the locker room:p:D

He doesn't use the locker room. We all change in the middle of the gym...thats not a joke.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Psych is killing me . I was all relaxed to go nite nite when i read this.
Awe man just cracked me up so now i'm all woke up.
Yeah why are the good bars not in the room.
No psych is not joking about changing in the gym .
ok . 1 . Who was the strongest bodybuilder you ever trained
besides Stan..? Part 2 Did they train each body part 1x or 2x per week? Thanks,,,, T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I'm 10 years older than you Ed and I still love lifting… and I love my deads to this day. If you have any advice for older lifters, I am all ears!

Much respect for your sir!!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
How about some advice on how to get my deadlift max up? I'm stuck in the 500's been stuck in em for years to?

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
He doesn't use the locker room. We all change in the middle of the gym...thats not a joke.

That's because you could catch a staff infection down there...I swear a hand came up out of the shitter when I was down there...something out of a horror movie. LOL

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Anyway down to business,
Hawk from Kansas City here, long time listener first time caller...

Anyway my questions:
1. What is the most common mistake made by people just entering the sport of Pling?
2. What considerations/changes do Pler's need to make as they enter into their 40's?

Thanks,

Last edited:

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
As you were the lightest person to ever cross the 2400lb total, how did you keep your weight down and remain so incredibly strong?