©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Precision Peptides owner fined and jailed

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Precision Peptides Owner Jailed & Fined
Owner Of Bodybuilding Drug Company Pleads Guilty To Selling Misbranded Drugs

Drugs Sold for Bodybuilding Enhancements Were Not Approved for Human Consumption

January 14, 2015
Greenbelt, Maryland

Gregory Tamborello, age 65, of Lutz, Florida, pleaded guilty today to selling misbranded drugs, in connection with the sale of bodybuilding drugs to consumers which were not approved by the FDA for human use.

The guilty plea was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein and Special Agent in Charge Antoinette V. Henry of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Office of Criminal Investigations.

“We will aggressively pursue those who endanger the public health by distributing unapproved and potentially unsafe drugs,” said Antoinette V. Henry, Special Agent in Charge, FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations. “We will remain vigilant in protecting the public from the purveyors of these illegal and dangerous products.”

According to his plea agreement, from March to August 2012, Tamborello owned and operated Precision Peptides, located in Lutz, Florida, through which he sold body-enhancing injectable drugs to individuals seeking to enhance their physiques. These drugs were not approved by the FDA for use in humans.

Tamborello sought buyers for his drugs by placing ads in bodybuilding magazines and websites, promoting his business at bodybuilding conferences and by offering drugs for sale on his website. His website displayed numerous disclaimers stating that all products sold were for “research/laboratory use only.”

Additionally, prior to purchasing the products from the website, each customer was asked to certify that he or she read the disclaimer that the “chemicals/materials for sale here are . . . not intended for human ingestion.” Yet Tamborello intended that the products be used by consumers for bodybuilding purposes, and knew that consumers were in fact using them for that purpose.

The drugs Tamborello sold included Mechano Growth Factor, Myostatin Propeptide, and T3 (Liothyronine), none of which the FDA has approved for use in humans.

On May 8, 2012, an undercover federal agent ordered drugs from Tamborello’s website. Tamborello shipped two vials of “mechano growth factor,” a vial each of “Myostatin Propeptide,” “Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide,” “T3 (Liothyronine),” “DHEA,” and three vials of “Sildenafil Citrate” to Columbia, Maryland. Tamborello provided no directions for use of the drugs or adequate warnings on the packages.

From March to August 2012, Precision Peptides generated at least $210,000 in revenue.

Tamborello faces a maximum sentence of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine. U.S. District Judge George J. Hazel has scheduled sentencing for April 17, 2015 at 9:30 a.m.

United States Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein commended the FDA Office of Criminal Investigations for its work in the investigation and thanked Assistant U.S. Attorney Kelly O. Hayes, who is prosecuting the case.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/md/news/...ndedDrugs.html

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
So where did he fuck up? And is this just a precursor to what's to come for all peptide companies?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Good find Magnus. Thanks.. He didnt fuk up this is another bs start of the future for research sites. I have noticed name changes every 6 months of a few popular ones so the cops can lick balls . He was prob set up by a partner who he screwed over ...im guessing

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Thank goodness for the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Office of Criminal Investigations. Keeping us all safe from the evil scourge of research chemicals. Let's all smoke a cigarette and have a drink of 100 proof vodka to celebrate.

Akamai

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 28, 2012
If you promote them for human use they have you. I am suprised we havent seen many more by now. This is the area Myself and another really good guy here tried to keep straight for Ergopep. Thankfully with budget problems in Washington the enforcement arm of the FDA is probably greatly hampered or we would see a ton more.

Ak

Last edited:

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
If you promote them for human use they have you. I am suprised we havent seen many more by now. This is the area Myself and another really good guy here tried to keep straight for Ergopep. Thankfully with budget problems in Washington the enforcement arm of the FDA is probably greatly hampered or we would see a ton more.

Ak

That and giving advise on how to use the products.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I knew this day was eventually coming. The scary thing is that LE bought product back in 2012 and just busted them roughly 3 years later. They must have been building a case and most likely building many others! I have a feeling there are many more to come...Something new to make headlines and hang their hats on!!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Someone might need to mention this too queefer. I know we're not supposed to take this out of VIP so maybe a mod can do this since he's starting his own peptide line

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Someone might need to mention this too queefer. I know we're not supposed to take this out of VIP so maybe a mod can do this since he's starting his own peptide line

I don't think this is something that falls under that rule. This bust is in the news and public knowledge. I think a heads up to Bert is a great idea!

EDIT...I just sent him a PM with a link to the story.

Last edited:

Akamai

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 28, 2012
I was thinking exactly that when I asked the question of it being elsewhere. I dont know Q but dont want to see him start having a rep making statements that he cant get out of. That coupled with the Kratom thing could draw him alot of attention.

Feds will build a case till you cant even wiggle. like I said had budgets not been slashed it would probably be way worse.

Ak

Maybe K1 or Big A can give their thoughts.

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I don't think this is something that falls under that rule. This bust is in the news and public knowledge. I think a heads up to Bert is a great idea!

EDIT...I just sent him a PM with a link to the story.
The link doesn't work it sends you to a blank page. And Q's been through some ruff shit with the ol lady etc and has helped me out in the past. So I really don't wanna see him get in any trouble. Hopefully no one gets in trouble which I don't think we will. But I sent him it as well bio and doubt that admin is gonna be to upset with us looking out for a long time bro or paying sponsor

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
The link doesn't work it sends you to a blank page. And Q's been through some ruff shit with the ol lady etc and has helped me out in the past. So I really don't wanna see him get in any trouble. Hopefully no one gets in trouble which I don't think we will. But I sent him it as well bio and doubt that admin is gonna be to upset with us looking out for a long time bro or paying sponsor

I tried that link too and it didn't work. I went out and found the right link and sent that too him. More than one warning isn't a bad thing!

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Giving someone a link to the actual news bust and a link to a thread within this forum are totally different things. No issue with someone providing a link to the story and warning.

As for the peptide companies, it was only a matter of time before they were easily accessible to the Feds. They all have reps handling their forum affairs, giving out advise on how to use the various products their companies are offering.

The reps are viewed as employees of the company and when you have your employees informing people openly on the internet how to use these products, timing, amounts, etc, you are no longer covered by the "Not for Human Consumption" clause listed on your site or anywhere else. So in essence, the only thing these reps do for any company is hurt their chances for survival.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Just noticed Greatwhite Peptide just pulled their FB page and are selling out all their research liquids and serms

The big problem is that these peptide guys are in a grey area and instead of flying below the radar, they put up giant banners, fb pages and you name it. Almost as if taunting the LE.

Hawk