©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Pre workout warmup

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
How many people warm up their internal and external rotator cuff area before benching or shoulder workout? I have gained tons of strength at chest or shoulder exercises due to really hitting the internal rotators with cable movements prior to the actual workout . I have torn and had repaired both sides and I must say I feel pretty good after months of warming up prior..Give it a try. U will be surprised..

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good suggestion Iron. Shoulders can really become an issue as we get older.
I get my body nice and hot. I then do some very light warm up for the shoulders. I also have forced myself to switch to a elbows in bench style.
Those things have thus far helped me avoid the shoulder replacement salesman
that calls himself a doctor. Thanks, T

electrickettle6

Dec 6, 2012
I got really bad shoulder issues doing behind the neck presses and I talked to my cousin who is a therapist and he recommended that i do this
DieselCrew.com - Shoulder Rehab Protocol - YouTube

It has worked great for me and i always do a shoulder girdle warmup when i do any kind of upper body pressing movement.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
That's a great vid electric . I do pretty much all those with a accutrainer cable machine and was told by sport dr to use mostly bands not weights as weights fall easily with gravity as where bands are constant resistance throughout the movement..

Ambrose

Banned
Dec 11, 2012
The wide range of treatments causes like Treatment can mean spending time talking to patients about their physical and emotional problems, examining their diet and exercise habits, and doing blood tests to look for medical or environmental causes for depression....

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
The wide range of treatments causes like Treatment can mean spending time talking to patients about their physical and emotional problems, examining their diet and exercise habits, and doing blood tests to look for medical or environmental causes for depression....

What about a cat scan of your brain Ambrose? :spam:

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I too have to be careful with my shoulders. When i was much younger, i raced motocross professionally for three years. Ive had 2 reconstructive shoulder surgeries on my right, and three on my left.
This is an important fact to remember. The shoulder has, more range of motion than any other joint on the human body. And, the bones in our shoulder have very little to do with how it functions as a joint. If you took the skin muscle and ligaments away, our arms would fall off. Anyway, Ironbuilts advice is very good advice. And ive been instructed by both therapists and sports trainers the same, therabands are terrific for shoulder warm ups. And even exercise when they are not 100%. It always amazes me how much strength improvement can be achieved with therabands and cables with VERY LIGHT weight.

Agley

Banned
Dec 13, 2012
Well!!Workouts is the best for keep fitness of the body.Different workouts for keep good fitness and the weight loss.Different peoples in the world
like the different workouts for keep the fitness and health.But these workouts are the best for fitness like,running,jogging,swimming and cycling.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well!!Workouts is the best for keep fitness of the body.Different workouts for keep good fitness and the weight loss.Different peoples in the world
like the different workouts for keep the fitness and health.But these workouts are the best for fitness like,running,jogging,swimming and cycling.

I think you should go swim with great white sharks and count their teeth.:action-smiley-062::spam:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I think you should go swim with great white sharks and count their teeth.:action-smiley-062::spam:

LMAO!

A few years ago I dislocated my left shoulder. The thing was nasty. I was doing incline DB presses and it just popped out and shot up to ear.

Every day, whether training or not, I do a couple of sets of internal and external rotations, those scarecrow raises, and Dante's broomstick stretch (if training this comes after training).

On days when I am doing pressing movements I also add a few light sets of face pulls to warm up the shoulder joint.

b12

Nov 27, 2012
How many people warm up their internal and external rotator cuff area before benching or shoulder workout? I have gained tons of strength at chest or shoulder exercises due to really hitting the internal rotators with cable movements prior to the actual workout . I have torn and had repaired both sides and I must say I feel pretty good after months of warming up prior..Give it a try. U will be surprised..

I don't do cuff exercises on the day of shoulders or bench, imho, it pre-Exhausts those smaller muscles... I'll usually do the exercises on leg and cardio days.

I will do a few warmups, light streching, and I always wear a sweatshirt (even in the summer) to keep my joints warm.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I also had some shoulder issues years back. I started using some of the lifts from that very same vid electric posted. I also finish with a bulgarian bag. If you have never used on i suggest you try. If your gym doesn't have one, you can make on for under $15.

chris698

Oct 30, 2012
Florida
I started stretching and working my internal and external rotator cuff area before benching or shoulder workouts about two months ago.

I was experiencing the ill effects of Winny (Drying out my joints) and my shoulders were killing me, especially on Bench and Shoulder days.

Since starting to stretch my rotator cuff area, prior to my workout, it has made a huge difference. The pain has literally disappeared!

I would HIGHLY recommend loosing up your rotator cuffs before any workout involving your shoulders.

Nathon

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
I think walk is simplest way to warm up body. I do walk before doing workout. I go to gym with doing walk. With this i can warm up my body easily. Anyway all posts are also nice.