©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Phoenix Labs busted

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
An early December police raid in Timberlea ended with the shut down of an alleged steroid production lab, resulting in several drug and firearm charges against 27-year-old Daniel Dube.

On Dec. 7, Wood Buffalo RCMP executed a search warrant of a residence on Paris Crescent. During the search, officers seized approximately 1.6 liters of liquid steroids, 1.3 kg of raw steroid powders, and 4,500 steroid pills. A pill press as well as other equipment were seized from the lab within the residence.

Police say the steroids were produced and labelled as "Phoenix Laboratories."

During the search, police also discovered an undisclosed amount of marijuana, mushrooms and cocaine. Approximately $2,700 in cash was recovered along with a rifle, which officers reported as stored in an unsafe manner. Police say Dube was not authorized to own the weapon.

Dube has been charged with the production of anabolic steroids, possession for the purpose of trafficking steroids, possession of cocaine, possession of cannabis marihuana, possession of property obtained by crime, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unsafe storage of a firearm, and unauthorized possession of a firearm.

Dube was released on $15,000 no-cash bail with conditions. His first court appearance was Dec. 23, 2014.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Does anyone know if this was anyone sourcing on the boards?!

Given that he was released on a no-cash bail it's probably safe to assume he is cooperating with LE...You don't get hit with a manufacturing charge and just walk out of jail.....

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
That name is familiar..but I don't remember where I saw it last. I haven't been hitting the boards a lot lately...just here and one or two others.

I don't know the laws in Canada, but I'm guessing the cocaine, shrooms, and marijuana played a role too...love that they threw in "unsafe storage of a firearm..."....

-s

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Saw this link on Rick Collins' site...apparently a package was (mis)delivered to the neighbors...they opened it...then took it to the police....nice....The "steroid lab" was apparently a surprise...

Misdelivered package leads to steroid lab bust in Fort McMurray | 630 CHED

On the heels of the largest steroid bust in Canadian history in Edmonton, the Mounties in Fort McMurray have discovered another illegal anabolic steroid production lab.

Constable Ashley Quallie says officers were executing a search warrant at the home of a suspected drug dealer on Paris Crescent on Dec. 7, when they were surprised to find an anabolic steroid production lab in the basement.

She says it led to the seizure of approximately 1.6 liters of liquid steroids, 1.3 kg of raw steroid powders, 4500 steroid pills and a pill press, as well as other equipment;; along with small amounts of cocaine and marihuana, and an unauthorized firearm.

“At this point we have no information to suspect that it’s connected to anything bigger,” explained Quallie. “I haven’t been led to believe that, so I have to say at this point no. But that could change as more information may be gathered by our general investigation section.”

The steroids were being produced and labeled as “Phoenix Laboratories.”

The charges against Daniel Dube, who is 27, include production of anabolic steroids and possession for the purpose of trafficking steroids, along with possession of cocaine, marihuana, property obtained by crime and an unauthorized firearm.

He’s also been charged with possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and unsafe storage of a firearm.

Constable Quallie says they originally had the suspect under surveillance, and finally had enough for a search warrant when one of his neighbours received a package addressed to the suspect’s home and opened it anyway.

“There was no name on it and the person just happened to open it — from my understanding — and then noticed that it was this powder, and then brought it to the police station.”

She says the powder turned out to be a narcotic.

Back on Oct. 2, ALERT announced it had broken up a highly sophisticated underground steroid manufacturing and distribution operation in Edmonton, seizing $9.3-million worth of illegal steroids and laying charges against four people. (td)