©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Ph of chemicals?

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
I believe that the pH of those chemicals is based off the concentration they are in in a solution. Its a bit of a process to go through to calculate it, gotta find the molarity of each, the acid dissociation constant, ect....or you can just calculate the number of hydrogen+ ions there are in the compounds and use the log theory to solve it.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Buy some PH strips and test it out. Like Collin said above it is very relevant to concentration

Thats a good idea. I have some ph strips that i use for testing coolant in the manufacturing equipment we have at work. But they change color based on a ph range. I would probably have to get better quality ones that offer more accuracy. Then i could test them for you and let you know what the ph is for each chemical.

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
Concentration? He wants to know the pH of individual pure chems. Once in solution individual chems don't have a pH, the solution does. The solution's pH can then be measured or calculated.

OP, Check the big chem retail sites like sigma Aldrich (make sure you select the " show all properties" tab)

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
The PH of the pure chems doesnt entirely matter unless you are making a solution of just that liquid. In which case is stupid. The pH of the concentration of the listed chems in a given solution is what should be sought after. sigma Aldrich doesnt have any of the pH levels of those compounds. Neither does any site I have found.

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
He asked for the pH of individual chems. So yes, "just that liquid"
He's not asking what the pH of some given solution is relative to the concentration of a particular acidic or alkaline substance.
He wants to know:
pH of BA is ???
pH of BB is ???
pH of Guaiacol is ???
It's likely he wants to know how the addition of these compounds will effect the overall pH of whatever solution he's making, so if that's the case, he most definitely needs to know the pH of the pure chems he has listed.

Andrew.peplin

Nov 1, 2012
He asked for the pH of individual chems. So yes, "just that liquid"
He's not asking what the pH of some given solution is relative to the concentration of a particular acidic or alkaline substance.
He wants to know:
pH of BA is ???
pH of BB is ???
pH of Guaiacol is ???
It's likely he wants to know how the addition of these compounds will effect the overall pH of whatever solution he's making, so if that's the case, he most definitely needs to know the pH of the pure chems he has listed.

I had misread earlier OP.

Last edited:

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
How am I being a dick? I tried explaining because I don't think Collin read the OP correctly.
YOU are being a dick, and have no clue what you are talking about. BA is a pure chem, it's benzyl alcohol, BB is benzyl benzoate, they are not a mix of anything, and based on that comment alone, you should not be posting. I think you are confusing a chemical with an element.

The pH of BA is around 6 at 100% purity ( as a chem)

There is no such thing as a 100% pH level, that makes no sense at all.

"BA at .09% in a given solution would in fact (to some ridiculously minute decimal) have the same pH as the same solution containing .06% BA. Why??? First because you picked ridiculously small numbers and because BA is nearly a neutral compound. This means the pH isn't changing.

I'm not trying to start shit with you either, but it's clear you have no idea what you are talking about. Next time you want to be arrogant and offensive you should have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
Not to start shit but your bieng a dick bro and just so you know BB and BA are already a mix of chemicals so there the ph level would be 100% based on the concentration and ratio of that mix. There is no exact number.

For example:

BA at .09% Solution will have a different PH level than BA at a .06% solution.

:action-smiley-033: There should be a "best and worst of anasci" sticky

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well I didnt mean this to get people fired up..reason I ask I know acetic acid is used to recon igfr3. Theres a place selling premixed igfr3 in some oily with a numbing solution claiming its the correct ph for igf. No f'n way can it be . Right?

I appreciate the replies and this sites a good place for info. Maybe I'll try a digital ph device in some Ba or Bb or guialacol just for some personal education.

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
Well I didnt mean this to get people fired up..reason I ask I know acetic acid is used to recon igfr3. Theres a place selling premixed igfr3 in some oily with a numbing solution claiming its the correct ph for igf. No f'n way can it be . Right?

I appreciate the replies and this sites a good place for info. Maybe I'll try a digital ph device in some Ba or Bb or guialacol just for some personal education.

The pH of pure acetic acid is 2.4. They likely use vinegar to reconstitute (basically 8% acetic acid in water) and it has a pH of 3.0. Can you explain why you don't think the premixed has the correct pH. I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Btw, pH for BA is approx 6.0, most alcohols are fairly neutral.
I'm not sure about the other two but I'll check some other resources for you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Ill grab some strips and test ba/bb for everyone soon. I couldnt find the exact pH of the pure chemicals, I know how to do it when they are in certain concentrations but couldnt find something on the pure forms.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hey Pignus.. Reason I ask because the pre-reconned igf is not in acetic acid.. It's in some type of oil and either Bb or guialacol to give it numbing effect. And I'm trying to get to the bottom if what it is . They say it ph balanced Bb. Well straight Bb destroys muscle in excess amount or is it Ba I'm thinking of. I'm thinkin it's reconned in cottonseed oil and Bb . Could that be mixed and ever be correct ph for Igf bro?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Pignus i Thot igf needed to be at 6% acetic acid that's why when you make own acetic acid you use white vinegar and distilled water thru a filter at a correct mix to get 6% . Thanks

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
Pignus i Thot igf needed to be at 6% acetic acid that's why when you make own acetic acid you use white vinegar and distilled water thru a filter at a correct mix to get 6% . Thanks

I really don't know about that IronB, I was just saying they probably recon with vinegar rather than pure acetic acid. A " vinegar" could have 5,6,7,8,9% etc etc acetic acid in water.

As far as the pre-recon igf, they may use oil and BB/BA, and any type of acid in any amount to get the same pH as the stuff you recon at home.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Roger that Pignus. Yeah usuallly you recon acetic acid for igf.
I think the pre reconned stuff is some gimmick cause it couldne be stable I wouldn't think in some oil, Bb , or whatever it's in.. I'll get to the bottom of this so I can inform a friend he's been duked.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Let me try to clarify things a little. I know the igf that Ironbuilt is talking about. I want to get to the bottom of this too. What he is saying is, we dont think this stuff "they" are selling is igf at all. We can all agree that igf is suppose to be reconned with a mixture of sterile water and Acetic Acid @ 6%.
It seems that this mystery igf isnt igf at all. The first problem is its oily. I have never seen igf that is oily. It is thicker than water and wont mix with bac water in a slin pin. The second problem with this product is when you taste it, it numbs your mouth. Again, no igf ive ever seen has this effect.
This company continues to sell this product with success and some people swear by it.
So, we think it is just a gimmick. It does cause pumps, but thats it. No muscle growth that i have noticed. I believe that "they" have come up with a cocktail that when injected into the muscle causes just enough muscle irritation to cause these pumps. And its because of the pumps that people keep buying it.
I think we are smarter than that, and i just want to know what it is. The manufacturer claims its reconned with a "special ph adjusted BA". This is suppose to give it enough shelf life that it can be sold already reconned.
I think we can also all agree that buying igf already reconned throws a red flag. When you buy a peptide dont you want to see it before its reconned? Dont you want to know how long its been reconned?
So this is where the question about ph came from. What is a special ph adjusted BA. I call bullshit on that one. By the way, BA isnt oily at all, and it mixes with water. So what else is in there.
See where im going with this. I guess im just a curious guy that doesnt like to be lied to.

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
Let me try to clarify things a little. I know the igf that Ironbuilt is talking about. I want to get to the bottom of this too. What he is saying is, we dont think this stuff "they" are selling is igf at all. We can all agree that igf is suppose to be reconned with a mixture of sterile water and Acetic Acid @ 6%.
It seems that this mystery igf isnt igf at all. The first problem is its oily. I have never seen igf that is oily. It is thicker than water and wont mix with bac water in a slin pin. The second problem with this product is when you taste it, it numbs your mouth. Again, no igf ive ever seen has this effect.
This company continues to sell this product with success and some people swear by it.
So, we think it is just a gimmick. It does cause pumps, but thats it. No muscle growth that i have noticed. I believe that "they" have come up with a cocktail that when injected into the muscle causes just enough muscle irritation to cause these pumps. And its because of the pumps that people keep buying it.
I think we are smarter than that, and i just want to know what it is. The manufacturer claims its reconned with a "special ph adjusted BA". This is suppose to give it enough shelf life that it can be sold already reconned.
I think we can also all agree that buying igf already reconned throws a red flag. When you buy a peptide dont you want to see it before its reconned? Dont you want to know how long its been reconned?
So this is where the question about ph came from. What is a special ph adjusted BA. I call bullshit on that one. By the way, BA isnt oily at all, and it mixes with water. So what else is in there.
See where im going with this. I guess im just a curious guy that doesnt like to be lied to.

I understand what your saying Hj, and let me say first that I'm in no way trying to determine whether or not what you used is legit/effective or not. I wouldn't have a clue.
Most peptides are supposedly very sensitive to salinity, pH, and temperature. Vary any variable much from the set point and these peptides begin denaturing. The idea is to prepare a solution that mimics the bodies own salinity, pH, and temperature.
Technically and hypothetically speaking, you could recon any peptide with anything if you control salinity, pH, and temp. Some solvents may aid in absorption, be less irritating, etc, etc, etc but the point is
the final solution needs to be within a narrow range of salinity, pH, and temp.
Now you are on to something if they specifically claim "pH adjusted BA" there really isn't any such thing. BA is relatively neutral having a pH slightly above 6. You can have a pH balanced solution containing BA but BA isn't going to have much of an effect on pH at any concentration.
If they claim pH adjusted with BA then that wouldn't be suspicious. That would mean they have adjusted the pH (by the addition of either an acid or a base) and added BA as a bacteriostatic agent.
I understand your concerns I just don't think you can draw an accurate conclusion about legitimacy based on looks, or pH. I guess having an expensive test done or just trying it is the only way to know. I hope all this made sense.