©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

NFL Draft

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Does anyone else get into the Draft? I like to hear and read the analysis of the players by different scouts, analysts, and front office personnel. It's interesting to see a player at the very beginning of his career and to compare his success or failure years later to what the analysts saw.

Some don't find it very compelling, and I understand that. These players haven't done anything or made any achievements in the NFL, and are heralded as saviors in some cases. That part doesn't sit well with me either, but I don't feel it makes it unwatchable. On the contrary actually. I feel it makes it even more compelling when a team mortgages the future of it's entire organization to select a player that ends up falling on his face.

Anyway, who's been watching the draft the last few days?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I watched Thursday and parts of Friday.

Yesterday I was busy so I got updates on the Patriots picks on my phone.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I don't watch the draft but I catch up on the selections each day...Have to keep track on the Chiefs!

vintagemuscle

AnaSCI VIP
Sep 24, 2003
I'm so glad the circus of who would be the first pick and what the heck Chip Kelly and the Eagles were up to is over. The so called Mr. Irrelevant,the final pick of the draft looks like he may be a keeper for Arizona.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I followed it, just not an exciting year for the most part. I really do not see Mariota succeeding with the Titans. We'll see if he proves otherwise.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I followed it, just not an exciting year for the most part. I really do not see Mariota succeeding with the Titans. We'll see if he proves otherwise.

You know, it may not have been exciting with few trades on the first day, but the later rounds were pretty entertaining. Especially since the top 100-125 players was a pretty deep and talented group. I think the lack of a big name player (QB) sliding down to the bottom of the first round of into the second round is what took the entertainment out of it for a lot of guys. For the most part, it seemed like guys got drafted about where they should. The few with character issues slid down, but not quite as far as some predicted them to.

I feel like the nature of the draft is changing. Teams are getting burnt too often on these blockbuster trades and that's causing there to be fewer of them. Draft picks are too valuable to be giving them away en mass for one player. The Redskins trade for RG3 might be the last of it's kind for a while. Although, it sounds like Chip Kelly tried to mortgage the farm for Mariota, but TN didn't buy. I think TN will end up regretting not making that trade in a few years.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY

At least they drafted a dynamic receiver to go with him.

A lot of these guys that don't pan out usually don't get any help.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
At least they drafted a dynamic receiver to go with him.

A lot of these guys that don't pan out usually don't get any help.

True. That was always my opinion with Tim Couch. Watched him a lot and he could make every throw, and was a good decision maker. He got caught up in a front office mess in Cleveland.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Love football but they can hold the draft some other place other than here next year.. what a fucking pain in the ass......! T