©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Newbie iso advice

SilverSurfer

Jan 10, 2006
Hola all,

I've been browsing through the forums . . . and this looks like a great site .. friendly folks, good info, etc.

I'm 42, 6'3", 195lbs . . I've always been a "hard gainer" . . . a lean build, despite some years of lifting (not super heavy) . . .I follow a good diet and do cardio . . . very active - - diving, biking, hiking, swimming, yoga . . . still the same waist size I was in college . . . though I can start to see some extra age-related body fat starting to encroach . .

I've amped up my lifting routine over the past half year but would like to build some mass . . .I don't want to get huge . . . just add some mass and definition . . .since I'm past the peak testosterone years, and I've always had some difficulty gaining . . . I'm seriously thinking about adding in some anabolic help . . .any suggestions for further research/consideration?

Thanks in advance.

bigguns

Dec 7, 2005
Welcome to Anasci SilverSurfer :welcome:

You've mentioned two goals which are difficult to obtain simultaneously - gaining mass and improving definition. Whilst it is possible to gain muscle mass whilst staying relatively lean it's more likely that a bit of fat would accompany the gains. From my experience guys tend to go through a bulking phase to build up muscle mass and follow this with a cutting phase to get rid of the excess fat. AAS would certainly help you with the bulking phase but the cutting phase would be more about the correct diet and cardio.

There is plenty of information about AAS here to get you started. Obviously the guys here will answer your questions but be sure to read up on old posts and stickys. I have just started my first cycle which is a common newbie cycle of Test Enanthate run at 500mg per week for 10 weeks.

Tell us a bit more about your training and your diet.

SilverSurfer

Jan 10, 2006
Thanks for the welcomes!

My training/diet in a nutshell . . . I lift 3xweek . . alternating upper and lower . . .lately have been shifting to slow lift to give my muscles a little variety . . . run 3 miles on off days . . . work abs (variety of crunches etc.) twice a week and core (plank, superman, etc) twice a week . . yoga once or twice a week . . . Diet is probably about 2500 calories/day . . . lots of protien . . .lots of fruit and veggies . .

I think what I'm really experiencing now is a kind of plateau combined with a sense of ageing . . . a bit late in the day to bulk up but would like to add some density and mass . . .does that make sense?

Ciao

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
SilverSurfer-I like your user name. :welcome:
Our stats are similar.I'm a bit heavier,you're a bit taller. but if you're considering AS supplementation,you have come to a good place.If you decide to become a member I can assure you there are many(but 2 in particular) extremely professional and courteous providers...I would recommend buying access to the sources forum...In the meantime we invite you to educate yourself by reading the forums...You are in the company of some very experienced people here at AnaSci-
Good luck and look forward to being of any help.
-kell

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
hey silver....im a newbie and i have been here for a while but i have needed advice and info and this board has been great to me....i joined and its all gone up hill for me since. read the stickies and educate yourself. but u need to join. money well spent....

SilverSurfer

Jan 10, 2006
Thanks for the welcomes! From browsing the board, I can see two simple things I have to do right away . . . more calories and more water! I'm going to up my calorie count by 1000 and start drinking (H2O) like a fish . . . ciao . . .