©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

new training split for cycle

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Tell me what y'all think, my goal is to push my arms, legs, and delts. My chest and lats are there already.

Sun Chest/Delts (mid-grip flat bench, incline, decline, butterfly, delt press)
Mon Traps/Legs (4 sets of traps, then squats, leg curls, hack squats, and calf raises)
Tues Biceps (straight bar, concentration dumb hammers, 1 arm dumb preacher curl and cable curls)
Wed Triceps (V bar press down, dips, rope pulldown, weighted bench dips w 2 45lbs plates)
Thu OFF
Fri Back/Biceps/Calves (pull ups, machine pulldown, dumb lat rows, machine rows. preacher curl bar 4 sets, calf raises)
Sat OFF

This way I'm hitting my biceps twice, one night direct and the other less direct.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I personally tried working out 4 days in a row and felt burnt. I would in your case go 3 on 1 off then 2 on then the 1 off.

For your Triceps I would do more incline skull crushers and close grip bench press.
The press downs and rope pulldowns normally help more with the definition of your tricep rather "bulking" them.

Also on Friday your saying biceps but you only have 1 bicep true movement. I believe that if your gonna work a bodypart work it hard n that day. Throwing in a preacher curl won't benefit the bicep enough even if your working back that same day. Yes your doing a little bit of biceps working your back but not enough to really put a taxing on it, so your really not "hitting" your biceps twice. You shouldn't have to concentrate on your biceps when you work back. Most of your focus should be on your back

If you hit them hard enough on their specific days then the days you use them for supporting movements will be enough on their own.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
gregdiesel said:
Tell me what y'all think, my goal is to push my arms, legs, and delts. My chest and lats are there already.

Sun Chest/Delts (mid-grip flat bench, incline, decline, butterfly, delt press)
Mon Traps/Legs (4 sets of traps, then squats, leg curls, hack squats, and calf raises)
Tues Biceps (straight bar, concentration dumb hammers, 1 arm dumb preacher curl and cable curls)
Wed Triceps (V bar press down, dips, rope pulldown, weighted bench dips w 2 45lbs plates)
Thu OFF
Fri Back/Biceps/Calves (pull ups, machine pulldown, dumb lat rows, machine rows. preacher curl bar 4 sets, calf raises)
Sat OFF

This way I'm hitting my biceps twice, one night direct and the other less direct.

Personally, I would recommend Sunday and Monday's workout as stated.
Rest on Tuesday.
Do Fridays workout on Thursday.
And, put the bi's and tri's together on Friday.

Why would you want to hit bi's twice in one week?
The bi's are hit very hard on back day and the tri's are hit very hard with both chest and delts. They really don't need additonal work. Also, smaller muscle groups actually need more time to recover. Just my 02.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
but how much recovery time on gear? I tried bi/tri together for about 3 weeks and I wasn't happy. I grew them better in the old days when I did bi's and tri's twice a week.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
gregdiesel said:
but how much recovery time on gear? I tried bi/tri together for about 3 weeks and I wasn't happy. I grew them better in the old days when I did bi's and tri's twice a week.

I didn't get good results working bi's and tri's together either. When i used to double up on body parts i "grew" better but when i worked them out once a week i got "stronger" instead.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
my guess is that if your muscles recover so much quicker on a ton of gear that you could hit them more often and recover. When I did bi/tri together it seemed to take away some of the intensity b/c of the length of time to do 4 sets of each.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I'm finding that I recover a lot faster so I'm hitting bis tris twice a week and getting good results. I do chest on mon back on tues and on fri I hit bis and tris again.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
You can answer your own effectiveness question with record keeping

All the advice in the world will be what works for the man who gives it but will not necessarily work for you. The key to designing your own growth program is record keeping. Do you write down exactly what you lift, how you lift it, and how much time you spend? I use a modified chart that I got from Powerfactor Training by Peter Sisco. That way I know motherfucking exactly whats working gangbusters, whats working a little, and what is on a plateau. By calculating your gains right down to the exact percentage all your questions will be in clear BLACK & WHITE before your eyes. You will know what muscle groups are responding and what muscle groups are not responding. ON top of that data the #1 reason for a plateau is due to overtraining--but then again you will probably see patterns and different reasons for ups and downs by graphing all your data.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
yes I've kept a calendar/journal for 4 years. I love to look back at weighing 140, 165 lol benching 165, when 205 was a big deal... =)