©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Nerve damage??

Iamlegend

Dec 9, 2005
Here's the situation I was on a mass cycle 25mg dbol ED, 300mg deca and 500mg Test E per wk. I started to get stabbing pains and numbness between the first two knuckles on my right hand and the same on the heal of my left hand below my thumb. In fact it feels the pins and needles kind of pain from a really tight ligement after a sever sprain.

Anyone heard of possible nerve damage by AAS from a UG source? Possibly from the BA\BB or impurities? I just terminated an 8wk cycle early (6wks) because of the weird nerve issues in both hands.

I know there are a number of other possible causes, but it's a really odd situation and I have never had any kind of carple tunnel issues or anything like that previously. Since ending the cycle three weeks ago the symptoms haven't worsened, but they haven't gone away either.

TIA,
legend

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
When I train biceps my forearms get so pumped I sometimes have trouble opening my hand after a set, very painful. In and of itself it is not the steroids though. Are you on a computer alot? I was playing computer games more than I should for a couple weeks and my tendons were killing me. Again I can't see steroids being the cause, except of course if you are lifting far heavier than your tendons are used to due to rapid strength increases from juice.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Iamlegend said:
Here's the situation I was on a mass cycle 25mg dbol ED, 300mg deca and 500mg Test E per wk. I started to get stabbing pains and numbness between the first two knuckles on my right hand and the same on the heal of my left hand below my thumb. In fact it feels the pins and needles kind of pain from a really tight ligement after a sever sprain.

Anyone heard of possible nerve damage by AAS from a UG source? Possibly from the BA\BB or impurities? I just terminated an 8wk cycle early (6wks) because of the weird nerve issues in both hands.

I know there are a number of other possible causes, but it's a really odd situation and I have never had any kind of carple tunnel issues or anything like that previously. Since ending the cycle three weeks ago the symptoms haven't worsened, but they haven't gone away either.

TIA,
legend
Sounds unlikely to be nerve damage from injection. The medial fingers and palm are innervated by the median nerve. You'd have to inject at the center of the wrist, the elbow, or the axilla (armpit, where the brachial plexus runs through and gives rise to the nerves that go to the lower arm and hand - median, ulnar, radial, musculocutaneous, etc. nerves). A deltoid injection even would not damage that nerve territory. Maybe a very deep biceps injection, but unlikely and the chance of getting it on both sides almost nil.

As for BA / BB.....alcohols are indeed neurolytic. In fact, the nerves such as in the celiac plexus are intentionally injected with alcohol to kill them off for intractible pain from pancreatic cancer. Many other examples. However, they are very small quantities in with the injection of your AAS, so unless you inject into or very near the nerve, you're unlikely to damage them. The blood concentrations of the alcohols wouldn't be enough or spread and somehow damage the median nerves alone.

So.......you mentioned carpal tunnel syndrome. My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure that's what you have if you have paresthesias (pins & needles, pain, numbness) in the 1st 2 1/2 fingers and palm. To test, tap on the middle part of your wrist (over the median nerve)...if it makes it worse, it's a positive test (Tinel's sign). Or, flex your wrists to 90 degrees and hold them there...if it gets worse , it's positive. Also, if it's worse at night, that's common. So why should you get it? Well, the AAS make everything grow quickly, including little muscles and soft tissue in the wrist. A big bulking cycle with high estrogen content and fluid / fat accumulation will also collect in the wrist too. That makes it tight for the median nerve in the carpal tunnel, under the fibrous band in your wrist. Carpal tunnel syndrome is classic in a disease called acromegaly, which is an excess of growth hormone, for the same reasons. Add to your problem, lots of weights / wrist use under load (and from jerking off excessively due to the test :D ) and viola....carpal tunnel syndrome. What to do......rest it a bit, anti-inflammatories may help, get rid of some fluid / fat with anti-e's, and consider wearing a wrist split at night which keeps the wrist dorsiflexed to make a bit more room in the wrist over time.

Hope that helps.
Stealth.

Iamlegend

Dec 9, 2005
To test, tap on the middle part of your wrist (over the median nerve)...if it makes it worse, it's a positive test (Tinel's sign). Or, flex your wrists to 90 degrees and hold them there...if it gets worse , it's positive. Also, if it's worse at night, that's common. So why should you get it? Add to your problem, lots of weights / wrist use under load (and from jerking off excessively due to the test :D ) and viola....carpal tunnel syndrome.

Awesome reply Stealth thanks... you pegged it..it's the jerking off. I knew it would come back to haunt me!! Seriously though the tap test you mentioned nailed it on my right wrist as well as outstretching my arms horizontally and flexing my wrists 90 degrees in both hands. SH_T!!

Thanks again bro,
legend

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Awesome reply Stealth thanks... you pegged it..it's the jerking off. I knew it would come back to haunt me!! Seriously though the tap test you mentioned nailed it on my right wrist as well as outstretching my arms horizontally and flexing my wrists 90 degrees in both hands. SH_T!!

Thanks again bro,
legend[/QUOTE]

No problem. Unfortunately, not too much you can do besides the conservative stuff I mentioned above. If it really gets bad they can release / cut the sheath at the wrist that covers the tendons / nerves / vessels there and make a bit more room for your median nerve. Oh yeah, and use lots of lube when spankin' it.....hehehehe.

BiggerISBetter

Dec 19, 2005
In the Gym
Mom warned me about the going blind thing, she never said shit about carpal tunnel.

Maybe this should be renamed carnal tunnel syndrome, or is that just for when your urethra starts acting up?