©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

MJ-23 The Greatest Hands Down!

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Nice post.

It's kind of generational to some degree, which is why youth today will always say Lebron or Kobe is the greatest ever.

To me, the 3 greatest basketball players I've seen are Jordan, Bird and Erving.

I think Dr J gets forgotten in this day and age, but his skill set, the moves he had, the grace and ease with which he played, imo his level of talent hasn't been duplicated.

Julius Erving Mix - The Doctor - YouTube

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
i agree...MJ most likely is thee best!!
its hard to compare because(of course) the greats of today didnt play with Jordan or them guys. I do notice nowadays the athletes are bigger and more athletic compared to say..The Celtics of the 80s. One of thee best teams ever...but look at the players and their style. More of a jump shot/lay up type of style instead of the run n gun/dunking type like today.
so...its hard to compare.

just like with baseball. no way to compare Mantle,Ruth,Aaron to Bonds,A-rod,Jeter and those guys. Much bigger(naturally...but also bc of juice) and more show-boating than the guys in the past.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
You just have to go by the rule of thumb that the greats of each generation would be great regardless of the generation.

The caveat of that, is that quite a lot of marginal players pre-integration that had long, successful careers would probably not have been starting players post-integration. We're talking mostly pre 1960's in the 3 major sports.

Wilt, Kareem, Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson, Rick Barry, Pistol Pete, Dr J, Bird, they'd all be tearing it up if they were in their prime right now.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Bro, how you stop this in 1977 or 2013? Can't ! :D

Pistol Pete Maravich 68 vs. Knicks Shot-By-Shot [2/25/77] - YouTube

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Stopped watching basketball when MJ retired from the Bulls for the final time.

Just like I stopped watching baseball when Mark McGwire retired. Followed his career from his rookie year until the end.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Stopped watching basketball when MJ retired from the Bulls for the final time.

Just like I stopped watching baseball when Mark McGwire retired. Followed his career from his rookie year until the end.

i still watch sports but im not into it like i use to be.
Kansas City Chiefs were my team...Derrick Thomas years. i lost interest when he died.
Doc Gooden,Darryl Strawberr,Ken Griffey Jr.... when they were gone...i lost interest in baseball. dont get me wrong...i love a good Yankees game..
but just lost it.
and in NBA...after Shawn Kemp...David Robinson..Shaq...late 80s-early 90s..
i dont watch basketball anymore.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
i still watch sports but im not into it like i use to be.
Kansas City Chiefs were my team...Derrick Thomas years. i lost interest when he died.
Doc Gooden,Darryl Strawberr,Ken Griffey Jr.... when they were gone...i lost interest in baseball. dont get me wrong...i love a good Yankees game..
but just lost it.
and in NBA...after Shawn Kemp...David Robinson..Shaq...late 80s-early 90s..
i dont watch basketball anymore.

Its the same for me. Seems like there is not heart in the game anymore.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I will still watch football, always will. For all other sports there's ESPNews:)

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I still follow all of them and know what's going on, but my real interest started fading at certain times with different sports. Must be pretty normal, we all are in the same mindset.