©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Gabriel Gonzaga 2

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Hoping to see an old school Cro Cop
---------------------------------------

Not only is Mirko Cro Cop back in the UFC, but now he's booked into a fight against his old nemesis, Gabriel Gonzaga.

The UFC's senior vice president and general manager of Europe, David Allen, announced the fight during a press conference from Stockholm, Sweden on Friday. Cro Cop-Gonzaga II will headline the UFC's foray into Poland. That event will take place in Krakow on April 11.

Cro Cop and Gonzaga previously met at UFC 70 in Manchester, England, in 2007, and to this day remains one of the more memorable fights in UFC history. After a storied career in Pride FC, Cro Cop was closing in on a title shot in the heavyweight division, but the Brazilian "Napao" downed the Croatian fighter with a spectacular head kick late in the first round.

The 40-year old Cro Cop (30-11-2) is coming off of back-to-back wins over Satoshi Ishii in Japan. He also competed in the kickboxing promotion, Glory, where he defeated Jarrell Miller in June.

Gonzaga (16-9) is riding a two-fight losing streak, the latest coming this past December against Matt Mitrione at UFC on FOX 13 in Phoenix. He lost via first-round TKO (strikes).

The UFC also announced a light heavyweight co-main event between England-based fighter Jimi Manuwa against Poland's own Jan Blachowicz. Manuwa is coming off the first defeat of his professional MMA career, which came at the hands of Alexander Gustafsson back in March of 2014. Blachowicz had a successful UFC debut this past October, as he defeated Ilir Latifi at UFC Fight Night 53 via first round TKO.

UFC Fight Night Poland will take place on April 11 at the Krakow Arena.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Lmao.... I have to agree I wouldn't pay to watch that

I agree. The best ufc fights for me were always free.
I remember that fight well in 07.
That blast to the head was wicked.
Short fight but damn what a knockout !
I will watch that fight for sure .
T

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
Last I saw Cro in UFC he didnt look so great... Got KO'd if a remember right by a high kick to the head...
I remember thinking that was one of the most ironic things I had ever seen

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
I'm gonna have to google that one to know.... I liked PRIDE better myself...or the original ufc..no weight division, "no holds barred"

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm gonna have to google that one to know.... I liked PRIDE better myself...or the original ufc..no weight division, "no holds barred"

I just looked it up and the first time they fought Gonzaga kicked cro cop in the back of the head and knocked him out

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Cro Cop beat his ass in that 3rd round...Looks like he got his revenge!