©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Mike Matarazzo

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I thought this was interesting since i'm a fan.

MIKE UNDERGOES HEART OP

Written by: Peter McGough

Bodybuilding great, Mike Matarazzo underwent triple bypass heart surgery on Wednesday, December 8 and is now recovering in his Modesto (Northern California) home.

Mike, 39, was admitted to his local Modesto hospital on Sunday, Dec 5, after suffering from shortness of breath for a couple of weeks. "I thought I had a virus" Mike told me from his hospital bed.

It was much more serious than that: Tests showed two of his arteries were completely blocked and one was 90 per cent blocked. The diagnosis was conjunctive heart failure and triple bypass surgery was scheduled for Wednesday, December 8. Mike came through the three-hour operation with no problems. His surgeon said the procedure went as well as it possibly could.

Mike was in the Intensive Care Unit for two days, and was out of bed and walking 24 hours after the op. On Friday, December 10 he was placed on a normal ward and two days ago (Monday December 13) he went home.

Mike told me, "At the moment I have a ton of stitches and about 50 staples down the front of my chest." He was in very good spirits, but said, "No jokes please, it hurts most when I laugh." (Please note: Mike only laughs at me when I'm trying to be serious). The staples will be taken out in about four weeks and currently Mike is undergoing a rehabilitation program calling for light exercise.

Mike is one of the most popular and likeable pros of the last decade and a half, wit

h a reputation of being a warrior in the gym and on the stage. As he takes on the biggest challenge of his life, I'm sure the whole bodybuilding community wishes him a speedy and full recovery. FLEX magazine and flexonline.com will keep you updated on Mike's progress.