©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Manager at Staten Island LA Fitness kept $20K worth of steroids in his home, police s

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/manager_at_staten_island_la_fi.html#incart_river

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A manager at the LA Fitness sports club in Travis faces felony charges after police say they found $20,000 worth of anabolic steroids in his home.

Police arrested Ryan Kopyar, 28, after an agent with the New Jersey branch of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration observed him possessing a package of steroids inside the U.S. Post Office at 2843 Richmond Ave. in New Springville, court papers allege.

The steroids were packaged "with intent to sell" in pill bottles and liquid vials, court papers allege.

That happened at 12:20 p.m. Aug. 13, and at 1:30 p.m. that same day, an NYPD narcotics detective found more steroids inside Kopyar's side apartment on Roswell Avenue in Travis, court papers allege.

Inside, they found 22 plastic zipper bags containing more than 2,500 steroid pills total, as well as more bottles, packets and vials of steroids, and another ziplock of a powdered form of anabolic steroids.

Kopyar admitted the steroids belonged to him, court papers allege.

Police estimate the value of the steroids at about $20,000 according to court papers.

A DEA spokesman wouldn't comment on why an agent from the New Jersey division was involved in the arrest.

Kopyar is charged with two counts each of fifth- and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, according to information from District Attorney Daniel Donovan's office.

Kopyar, who was released on his own recognizance at his arraignment in Stapleton Criminal Court Aug. 14, is slated to return to court on Oct. 16.

He was still working at the LA Fitness as of Monday, though he wouldn't comment about the case.

"This is obviously my career on the line right now, and my lawyer says he doesn't want me to comment," Kopyar said.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
This guy is/was a member at AFboard under the name "itsallgenetics."

Nice kid, though we butted heads a few times. Guess we'll find out if he is a real man or not, or if he will open his mouth. Good to see he at least has a lawyer though.

To my knowledge, in the past, he never sourced, but he would help a few of his friends out if needed on AF. He also posted at Outlaw, but i'm not sure if he used the same handle name on that forum or not.

I could see him getting those powders for himself and just selling here and there......BUT....maybe he was doing more. I'm not real sure. I haven't asked anybody what exactly he was doing.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Well, keeping it in his home was not a good idea. If he had 20k worth of aas he should have been to afford somewhere besides his house...

Hawk