©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lower Back Injuries

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
I keep pulling lower back usually once to twice a year. Sometimes it's a dead lift, squat, or the past two have simply been playing a sport and twisting the wrong way.

Should I avoid squats now too? I already can't do dead lifts. What can I do to strengthen core to avoid future issues?

This is putting a major damper in my lifting..sitting me out months at a time.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah, twisting is a killer. I tweaked my back years ago twisting and bending over while washing the car. This was when I was deadlifting heavy in the gym too, so go figure.

Have you noticed your hamstrings being tight? I have had issues with lower back in the past that were caused by tight hamstrings. It can pull your on your pelvis and stress your lower back. Just something to look at in the whole picture especially when deadlifting and squatting.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Try and develope a stronger core by good mornings , machine crunches, back extentions, hanging knee ups or any type of ab , obligue exercises . With out a strong core the upper body won't sit right. Kinda like a huge oak tree with many branches and a skinny trunk. Bends in the wind easily. Good luck with the back bro.. Back soreness is beyond a bitch to function in life. When in doubt use a belt . Even a nylon belt is helpful.

Iraqvet

Jan 22, 2013
I tweaked my back when my vehicle hit a roadside bomb while in the worlds toilet called Iraq.since then I have the same problem about twice a year where all it takes is just moving the wrong way and that shit brings me to my fucking knees.i found that if before workouts I stretch hella good and do a few range of motion exercises I'm in the clear.but most importantly I knock all sets that are executed sitting down before I move onto standing sets.actually I have geared most of my workouts in order to be seated as much as possible.hopefully this helps and doesn't just come across as common sense shirt you've already tried

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I just did this last week. Im just getting over it now. All i was doing was getting dressed.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I tweaked my back when my vehicle hit a roadside bomb while in the worlds toilet called Iraq.since then I have the same problem about twice a year where all it takes is just moving the wrong way and that shit brings me to my fucking knees.i found that if before workouts I stretch hella good and do a few range of motion exercises I'm in the clear.but most importantly I knock all sets that are executed sitting down before I move onto standing sets.actually I have geared most of my workouts in order to be seated as much as possible.hopefully this helps and doesn't just come across as common sense shirt you've already tried

Hey man, hope you stick around. Go to the introductions section and introduce yourself. Welcome to AnaSci