©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

is my heart monitor broke?

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
I bought a fairly expensive heart rate monitor. The chest strap , watch and cell phone dongle. Today I walked 2 miles, long sleeves, sweat pants, 90 degrees out (hot) amd the terrain was hilly. It says in 35 mins I burned 500 cals. I would expect this to be accurate considering its monitoring my heart but this seems like alot of just 2 miles.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Being hot won't contribute to caloric expenditure. On the contrary, it's being cold that kicks your built-in heater on.

More sweat doesn't mean more energy output if the increased sweat is due only to poor cooling efficiency.

500 calories seems very high for the exercise you described, especially considering the above.

Did the monitor require you to enter age, height, and weight to get it set up?

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Are you a really big guy and/or on fat burners or other stims? That could definitely affect the calories burned.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Maybe ure a speedy walker?..what kind did u buy? What was your average heart rate.did u see any hot chicks that may throw off a false positive rate..i see nice ass and i hit 140 bpm

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
Its the cardio connect 660. 200 bucks. Im 234. Dont walk very fast. Fast enough to barely carry on a conversation. It was hot out and I always wear warm cloths to make it harder to help with fat burning. But I dont think 500 cals is accurate. Im just going to take it back and get my money back

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
I use a body media core armband that tracks body temp, heart rate, skin humidity, etc to calculate energy expenditure. I love it. Can get a readout for your wrist like a watch or just download to your computer to analyze.

Also tracks steps per day, sleep efficiency, and some other Shit.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I use a body media core armband that tracks body temp, heart rate, skin humidity, etc to calculate energy expenditure. I love it. Can get a readout for your wrist like a watch or just download to your computer to analyze.

Also tracks steps per day, sleep efficiency, and some other Shit.

You grab that online triple? Bet that thing records sex records too at night like wood movement?

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
You grab that online triple? Bet that thing records sex records too at night like wood movement?

Yep, from the dotfit website. It's a little weird when I'm demonstrating it for a new client, I show them the sleep and calorie tracker, and there's this sleepless section in the middle of the night with a big bump in caloric expenditure.. :)