©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Infection

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Injected 1.5 CC of Test prop last night. Pain associated w it today is pretty serious, but most days are basically the same. Usually just do 1 CC but have stated to increase my dosage gradually.

Noticed a mild lump prior to taking a shower. Wife said she noticed too. Also checked the site to see if it was warm. Wife and I both believe it is a little bit. Noticeable. But I'd say it's not dramatic per se.

Also, I suppose worth noting, I've felt kinda run down today. Kinda like the flu. Sore body/achy...not entirely uncommon since I did chest yesterday and legs day before. So I'm sore as fuck anyway lol.

Just took a 500 mg Bactrim antibiotic to be safe. Got a bunch of them on hand.

Opinions?

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
did you wipe the stopper and injection area with a alcohol swab? re-use needle or syringe? trusted source, maybe reaction to Ester or other chemical agent used in mixture?

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
did you wipe the stopper and injection area with a alcohol swab? re-use needle or syringe? trusted source, maybe reaction to Ester or other chemical agent used in mixture?

Everything sterilized properly. Needles changed properly. Source is solid gold.

Like I said, I increased the amount. And it's pretty painful gear on a good day.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Never an issue if was drawn from the same vial, correct? Just keep an eye on it. Might want to pin in two places with that amount of prop if it causes irritation again. Try some warm compresses to get some relief. The run down feeling might just be your body saying I need a bit of rest after 2 good workouts.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Never an issue if was drawn from the same vial, correct? Just keep an eye on it. Might want to pin in two places with that amount of prop if it causes irritation again. Try some warm compresses to get some relief. The run down feeling might just be your body saying I need a bit of rest after 2 good workouts.

Thanks for the advice on breaking up the injections. I definitely think that's a good idea!

Thanks brother!

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland

Oh, and no I've never had an issue with drawing from this vial before. This would have been the third pull from it.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I would take that same amount and divide into two spots myself. Might be time to use a couple slin pins. I love those things.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Bactrim is what my doctor gave me for a quad infection last year from pinning test suspension. It got pretty nasty until he scripted the meds. I now keep a big bottle of them on hand, just in case.

On a side note, everyone should order some and keep it on hand, next to the letrozole (lol). We have suppliers here that sell a generic version of that antibiotic. Mine is called Tagremin (from Europe) and has 400mg Sulfametaxazol and 80mg of Trimetoprim. You can get like 50 or 100 for like 20 bucks or something.
Anyways, good choice on starting meds. Give it a few days and it should clear up. Mine got so engorged with fluid, that I took a 22 gauge needle and drew out about 4.5ml of pus filled bloody fluid from the site the night before I saw the doc to take pressure off. Good luck Ranger, and keep us posted.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Bactrim is what my doctor gave me for a quad infection last year from pinning test suspension. It got pretty nasty until he scripted the meds. I now keep a big bottle of them on hand, just in case.

On a side note, everyone should order some and keep it on hand, next to the letrozole (lol). We have suppliers here that sell a generic version of that antibiotic. Mine is called Tagremin (from Europe) and has 400mg Sulfametaxazol and 80mg of Trimetoprim. You can get like 50 or 100 for like 20 bucks or something.
Anyways, good choice on starting meds. Give it a few days and it should clear up. Mine got so engorged with fluid, that I took a 22 gauge needle and drew out about 4.5ml of pus filled bloody fluid from the site the night before I saw the doc to take pressure off. Good luck Ranger, and keep us posted.
Yeah man, always wise to be prepared. I know the signs of cellulitis and am still on the fence whether that was the initial stages...but I'm not convinced it wasn't. Much rather be safe than sorry.

Kafka82

Jan 1, 2015
Last week I run out of syringes and had to re use some I used to inject the night before. I sterilised them in the microwave with booking water for 5 mins

Do you think is it safe to do just in case of emergency or is too risky and have been lucky to not catch anything?

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Last week I run out of syringes and had to re use some I used to inject the night before. I sterilised them in the microwave with booking water for 5 mins

Do you think is it safe to do just in case of emergency or is too risky and have been lucky to not catch anything?

Lucky? Do you think that your microwave is clean of all airborne food? Is it worth the risk. :naughty1::sniper:

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014

Sucking the pus filled bloody fluid from the site
It is so crazy the stuff we do to our self- did you tell the doctor that?
They think we're sick basters any ways

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Sucking the pus filled bloody fluid from the site
It is so crazy the stuff we do to our self- did you tell the doctor that?
They think we're sick basters any ways

Yeah, I told the doctor. He didn't bat an eye. He was so relaxed about it . I wish all docs are as cool as him. Even the nurse was cool about it. I guess they see a lot. Some big dude with a swollen, red quad is probably nothing compared to the crap they have to deal with daily.
The nurse told me that, in the past... they have actually had to treat infections from injections done in the office. That tells me we are doing ok....

Last edited:

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I would take that same amount and divide into two spots myself. Might be time to use a couple slin pins. I love those things.
Hey brother, I did this for the first time tonight. 3/4 CC in one glute and 3/4 in left delt.

I will say this, I'm sure my glute will thank me, But I'm not sure how happy my delt will be tomorrow. I guess it being a much smaller muscle, I felt that oil right as the shot was complete. Kinda like getting punched in the arm. Not that bad when it happens but you know it's gonna get worse lol.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
I have been pinning for over 20 years and got my first infection several weeks ago. Ranger you have had 2, right? you might be prone to infections, If that is possible (?) You might want to swab with iodine after you swab with alchohol swabs. In terms of flu like symtoms I have had "test flu" only twice, it lasts 2 days give or take. yes, your doc is cool, hopefully he does'nt document these visits in your med. file as a "steroid user" injuries or whatever....

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Another comment I have is all of us should NEVER be re-using pins,,, they way to easy to attain...Microwave? no way, boil water and draw in and out and wipe pin with alchohol and iodine. plus dull pins will make make for unhappy bodybuilders

Kafka82

Jan 1, 2015
Another comment I have is all of us should NEVER be re-using pins,,, they way to easy to attain...Microwave? no way, boil water and draw in and out and wipe pin with alchohol and iodine. plus dull pins will make make for unhappy bodybuilders

I never re used needles but just the syringe and plunger because thought I had some spare ones but hadn't and was kind of emergency. I sterilised in the microwave in a bowl with boiling water.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I have been pinning for over 20 years and got my first infection several weeks ago. Ranger you have had 2, right? you might be prone to infections, If that is possible (?) You might want to swab with iodine after you swab with alchohol swabs. In terms of flu like symtoms I have had "test flu" only twice, it lasts 2 days give or take. yes, your doc is cool, hopefully he does'nt document these visits in your med. file as a "steroid user" injuries or whatever....
I think only 1, if that is what this is. It's not getting worse, so that's good.

The other issue, posted in the injection pain thread I believe turned out to be some pressure on a nerve. I have some residual pain from injuries sustained in Iraq(too many boombas going off on or near me) and I believe it was an exacerbated nerve issue.