©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How to wrap knees

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Nice informative didn't realize there were so many different styles only knew of two prior to this thanks for posting

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Thas' why I posted it. There a few other things people don't know. Like instead of knee sleeves you can wear LOOSE knee wraps. LOOSE means you can fit a finger or two easily in them and they don't cut off circulation if left on to help you stay warm.

Also length matters because it decides how many turns you get around your knee.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yea those wraps he's wearing are super long compared to others. They seem longer than the ones I got or he has smaller legs lol

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
I follow Brandon Lilly and have just started using knee wraps now that I am older. I wrap on squats above 350.

Competition Style Knee Wrap - YouTube

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
rule of thumb anything over 85% wrap up.

Lilly is using the classic style, easier with 3 meter wraps. Works great.

The lace trick to pull through is great, i use a coat hanger. But invest in a wrap roller so they can tighten them up in a roll before you wrap. This makes getting them "cast" like so you can wrap more times around the knee since it's pre-stretched. Also makes wrapping faster since you put them on you better be on way to the platform!!!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I've been enjoying the criss cross style starting at the top and ending at the top. It leaves a ton behind the knee and you get more stretch from the wrap going diagonal then horizontal.

Also, check your fed for max wrap length. The SPF allows for 3M while the USPA allows for 2.5. However, I have yet to see anyone measure them which to me is disappointing. At my first meet they actually gave one guy a state record in the NO wrap class who wore wraps...I was like WTF why did I just wear sleeves then?
Whatever...

Hawk