©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How much does your Gym cost you?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I've got a buddy opening a new gym in town, and went over to check it out yesterday and talk about the membership and all, and it got me wondering how much people pay in other areas. I'm in a fairly small town, with soon to be 4 gyms locally, and another 8-10 gyms within a 30 minute drive, so there's a fair amount of market saturation.

I currently pay $10 monthly with my discount for being a firefighter. Normal price is $25, I believe. No contract and 24 hour access. But, it's a chain that only wants to cater to the average joe's of the world. I'm excited about moving to a gym that's more serious.

New place I'm going to move to will be normally $35 a month. my FF discount will get me at $20 monthly for 24 hour access, with a year contract I believe. Plus an optional $10 per month for unlimited tanning.

What does everyone else pay for their gym? What kind of extras or options do they offer? How many other gym options do u have locally? Is it all about the cost for you, or would you truly be willing to pay more for a gym that had what you really wanted?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Sully at work..:confused:

I pay 34$ LA fitness moving to powerhouse next month. No tanning too much sun outside, baby care for my 8 kids, lots a gyms mainly LA and Anytime Fitness.

Attachments

• funny-firemen-firefighter-fail-truck.jpg
    funny-firemen-firefighter-fail-truck.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I pay $20. Gold's Gym. We have all the standard stuff...fancy stuff is tanning booths and massage chairs. I'd pay more if I had to. Been a member for 6 years now. Lots of 10 dollar gyms and a few newer expensive ones too. Mine has everything I need and more. I do think a few of the members may be on that testoster-oil...but I'm not sure..lol

Last edited:

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
I pay $64 for me and the trophy wife. There's several 24 hour gyms around that are less expensive. But they don'tlike the heavy lifting and grunting. Plus 50% of the girls look like they come from the Tropicana Lotion swimsuit issue. But then there's the other half that looks like the "People of Walmart"

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I pay 58 a month. But its the lagrest gym in the south. You never have to wait for anything. 28 tennis courts plus 3 instead courts. 3 pools 1 ice pool a kids water park. A food court. 5 raket ball courts. a wine bar and tons of extras. To include. M.I.T. training

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I pay 58 a month. But its the lagrest gym in the south. You never have to wait for anything. 28 tennis courts plus 3 instead courts. 3 pools 1 ice pool a kids water park. A food court. 5 raket ball courts. a wine bar and tons of extras. To include. M.I.T. training

Damn, that's crazy. Sounds like a huge place. Understanding if u say no, but can you reveal what the name of this gym is? I'd be interested in reading about it.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Funny you brought this topic up. I was at Bally's but 24 Hour just took it over. My rate was $21.65 but I could only work out at that gym. Today was the last day of a special where I could pay $10 more and work out at any other 24 except their bigger Super Sport 24 Hour gyms but for $15 more, I can work at any including the Super Sport gyms. So, my fiance and I both upgraded. Now I pay $36.65 and have all access.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Greggy lets see the trophy wife or is she a dream ..lol Bio do u snuggle with the vets in the hot tub time machine. :) dam chaotic it must have beer and wine bar too?

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
I pay about almost 60$ a month but its a really nice facility, Very large, and everything you would want for lifting.
When I've gone to different gyms it was all about two main factors for me:
Do they have the stuff I need?
How far away are they from my house?
As I'm going to and fro five days a week that matters a lot for time reasons.
I was a member of a 24 hour club for 2 years and enjoyed lifting after a second shift job, but all said and done it was just too small for me.
If like 3 other serious lifters were there at the same time we were tripping all over each other, waiting to get in sets on equipment. Not to mention tourist season like right now.
Would I pay more than what I pay now? Probably not, but 50-60$ a month is nothing compared to some peoples ridiculous cell phone bills..

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
$15 here and that lets me train at any of the EOS gyms here in Vegas.

I could pay just $10 but that would restrict me to just one gym.

BTW, a little heads up for people who visit Vegas. There are no more Gold's here. They changed to EOS Fitness. So if you are a Gold's member somewhere, you won't be able to use a travel card to train for free here anymore.

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Greggy lets see the trophy wife or is she a dream ..lol Bio do u snuggle with the vets in the hot tub time machine. :) dam chaotic it must have beer and wine bar too?

Like all you other married guys. I have to ask for permission. If she gives me the green light, I'll post up a pic.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
$20 a month a planet fitness for gym and unlim tanning. i hate it there. ppl that have no gym etiquette and old ppl who just sit on the machines and look at ppl. plus everybody stairs at me the whole time. and all the machines i can max out.

i also go to another place that i like better called 02 fitness but thats $45 a month. i had to drop 02 for a lil bit becuase i cant afford both right now.

the only thing i like about plan fit is the tanning and the 24 hrs mon-thurs.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

We don't call it snuggling...You can't put a name on what we have! Hahahaha!

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
Sully, i'm fm singapore.... the gym here wants u to commit long term with them ....

1yr contract - $120/mth
2yr contract - $90/mth
3yr contract - $60/mth

IB - i thought the guy in pic shld b sucking the camel's dick or letting the camel do him ! ROFL!!