©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How do you prep?

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Just wondering what yall do to get ready for a big set. What steps do you take to physc yourself out? For me I kind of think about things that puss me off or get in to the music.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I almost get into a meditative state. I'll close my eyes, visualize the reps, feel my strength coming from deep within me... then fucking rock that shit!

My squats have been something I am really working hard on getting it up there... i will stare at the bar until my mind is blank (not long), feel the weight on my back, before even stepping under, feel the depth I need to hit, feel the tension in my legs and back and arms.... then get under and get the bar into the "shelf" on my back, plant my feet and unload... My preparation is very much a form of meditation and self centering so that I can draw on my power from within. I have been training without tunes for a good while now and all of my motivation comes from within... but my girl bought me an ipod mainly so I don't get bothered by other people... good tunes have always got me in a very strong minded state. I still perform the visualizations, but music can definitely get me amped up.