©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Holiday Diet Changes.

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Figure I wouldnt be the only one who does this. I typically switch my chicken & beef protein sources to turkeys around thanksgiving.. Always watching out for the sales and overbuying (and freezing) turkeys for later :love1: . Locally it can get down to 99cents a lb so I use that time to really increase my food intake.

Additionally I dont do the family thing too much and parties. Most my family doesnt understand why I dont want mashed potatoes, pies, etc. Easier to avoid most of it and not as many questions. No one in my family cooks healthy so even tho it tastes great, Id rather not get off track too far.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
It sucks on my end because with such a large family on the wife's side, so there is nothing but sweets and pies...I really need to get my diet in check before going into this holiday season or I am going to be in big trouble!!

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
It sucks on my end because with such a large family on the wife's side, so there is nothing but sweets and pies...I really need to get my diet in check before going into this holiday season or I am going to be in big trouble!!

When I was still married and the wife got upset during that time, I ran DNP :headbang: all the carbs had me sweating so bad everyone left me alone lol

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I am a junkie when it comes to food...Once I screw up on the diet for more then one day I am lost and looking for rehab again:p

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
There is a reason the holidays are during bulking season. The sweets are killer along with all the breads and stuffings. Although i eat my fair share, i certainly earn it. Frequent heavy squats, deads, and several drop sets seem to get me through the holidays pretty much unscathed.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving and Xmas. Turkey, potatoes, sweets or whatever. You gotta enjoy life, and holiday food for me is a must, lol!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I try to balance it out to some degree... not go overboard on the sweets, but at the same time, not deny myself some of those treats that only come around this time of year. If there's some warm pecan pie with whipped cream on top, I'm eating it. Is that considered carbing up?

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I try to keep my calories about the same. So if there's a big holiday meal,I'll eat as much as I want, but probably not much before or after.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving and Xmas. Turkey, potatoes, sweets or whatever. You gotta enjoy life, and holiday food for me is a must, lol!

Yes you have to indulge and be thankful for time with family and friends and good food, which is most likely being made by someone else:sHa_yes2:

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
I enjoy the food during holidays...I keep it pretty clean for the other 11 months, so, the time btwn Christmas and New Years can be a little more lax...and then right back to it after the New Year. My wife is a fantastic cook...and makes great pies. I cant pass that up.

-s