©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

hey everyone

arketekt

Sep 5, 2004
well....after lurking around this site since september, i finally decided to introduce myself. after ballooning up to 220 at 6'-1" (all fat) 3 years ago i reached a point in which i just couldn't stand what i looked like anymore. i never had a problem with weight gain before then, in fact, the problem was not being able to gain at all. but as i've gotten older i realize my metabolism and activity level had declined exponentially...lol. so i started hitting the weights and cardio consistently and in 4 months got down to 178...too skinny!..lol. at that point i shifted my training to low rep/heavy weight and responded very well. i've been on this regimen ever since and now i'm addicted...lol. it was this past year that i came to the realization that i want to take this to the next level....competing in a bodybuilding contest, even though i'm already 33 yrs old. my goal is to compete for the first time 3-4 years from now. currently i'm at 210 with bf around 16%. i eat like i'm supposed to...around 250-300g protein and 400-500g carbs spread out over 7-8 meals a day. i will be starting my first cycle of test/dbol next week for 10 weeks and i'm excited as hell!...and thanks to this site i feel very confident in completing a well-planned and successful cycle. so thanks guys for the outstanding info and advice...keep it coming! i appreciate all of it...and any of you that compete already, please feel free to throw me any tips/suggestions.

thanks.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
Great to have you aboard. Now, have you planned everything out and have your pct on hand as well?? What is your weight goal? since your 210, are you trying to cut or gain more mass as well.

arketekt

Sep 5, 2004
yes...i've got the pct coming too and i've based it on the pct outlines on this site. i definitely need to gain the mass. 210 at 6'-1" is a far cry from where i need to be in order to have the same mass proportioning as the shorter guys. i don't know what that exact number will be, but i'm guessing around 270 for a competition ready weight. but again....it's just a number...what counts is what you look like in the end. gunter s. is coming in at 305 competitive weight at 6'-2"...i'm not implying that i'm going that far, but it does give one an idea of weight vs. height...know what i mean. i think 270 would be awesome...for me anyways:)

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
this is your first right? towards the end you might want to a) extend it or b) add maybe deca. thats what i did a long time ago on my first and second and got killer results. of course, diet is key and not fatty foods. get some whey protein as well.

arketekt

Sep 5, 2004
i agree....food is super critical. i use whey protein often, before and after my workouts when rapid protein intake is critical....i also use a micellar based protein before bed as well. thanks for the cycle advice also:)

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
arketekt said:
i agree....food is super critical. i use whey protein often, before and after my workouts when rapid protein intake is critical....i also use a micellar based protein before bed as well. thanks for the cycle advice also:)

Make sure your ingesting post-workout carbs with that post workout shake...try 50g dextrose.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Hi Arketekt..well buddy, all i can say, is there isn't another board like this one...I'm 44 years old, was skinny as hell and just started working out 3 months ago...With all the advice i got from this board, i went from rags to ritches :) ( picked up +- 10lb PURE muscle...( 15lbs including body-fat roughly ) )
The advise here is something you will NEVER get in books.....In books, it's about sales, in here, it's about real people with real shit they have encountered, and how they have overcome it....
Take this boards advice, test it, and see where you will gain the best....I did it, and will NEVER look back again...

Good luck ;)

Last edited: