©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hawk's Meet Results 3/15

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Those of you who know me or have followed my superdrol log know I had a Pling meet this past weekend. It was the Mid-West Show Me classic where 120 lifters gathered in a very large event room to put their bodies to the test. The meet was USPA sanctioned and the lifters divided into 2 subcategories. Lifters 198 and under competed on platform one while the big boys and equipped lifter where on number two.

I was competing in the 275 classic raw master's division weighing in at only 258 with all but my shoes on. I simply wanted to see what I could lift without risking cutting water and since my prep period went haywire it seamed like a good choice.

We arrived the day before to weigh in put the feed bag on then crashed at the event motel...thanks to Nyquil I slept nicely. We woke up at 5:30 and headed to IHOP for some french toast and bacon. I was feeling good but the closer we got the more anxious I got. Not nervous as much as wanted to get things going as I was in the third flight. That's the down side of big meets, get psyched...relax...wait and repeat two more times.

First up was the squat ( I only remember my final attempts in exact lbs). I opened with 525 and rocked it deep and easy... 3 whites. Next was 566...also 3 whites. At this point I knew I had the strength for 585 safely, but on the walk out I got wobely and could not stop it on the way down...so I stopped the lift and racked it. Not too bad, but I had more in the tank.

I opened the bench with 375 and nailed it, so I bumped it to 393 and that went up fairly well but was heavy. I had to choose between 402 and 413...I decided to go for it. And while my left arm stalled a bit on the way up, but locked it out for another 3 whites.

By the time the dead lift came around I was ready to fall asleep. Fortunately, my buddy had some ammonia caps...thank the maker. I decided to try to summon something extra. I had already decided to open with 535 and pulled it easy, so I bumped it to 565 and that went up a little harder, but I had more if I could summon the ambition. I had the bar loaded with 587 then let out a few things before I gripped it and ripped it up for three more whites.

The total for the day was 1563 and enough to win my class and the open 275.... if ...I had only paid the entry fee for both classes. But I didn't so only one trophy for the Hawk.

Anyway, I have my eyes on the USPA National record for Masters 242 which is 1543. I plan to go for that in June at a local meet held at my gym.

Happy lifting brothers,
Hawk

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hell yeah, congrats brother! You must be feelin like a king right about now:headbang:

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for the adaboys gents!

Feeling pretty good right now and am going to take it nice and easy the rest of the week.

Look for my new log coming soon!

Hawk

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
Nice job hawk. I had a buddy doing a power lifting meet on the 15th as well. I guess this was probably the same one. He's 2.5 years out from a brutal pec tare that almost cost him his life. He would've been in your class, he's a big boy as well.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Very Impressive Hawk! Good for You! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Man not even a phone call!!? WTF!? LOl j/k Man that is great news .
Did ya holler at Ed and mention it? That is awesome . Did Nate not lift?
Talk soon.. CONGRATS! ... T