©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Has anyone had colonic hydrotherapy?

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I was researching it as a wt. loss aid to help make it down to 242 weight class. Basically losing some none vital weight and minimize dieting.

Hawk

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Works for some but not all... A lot of fighters would go and have it done before a fight. But not all of them would lose a decent amount of weight.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Hawk are you just talking a couple pounds I've heard of it.. not sure if u mean a one time deal or multiple...multiple not healthy of course .. ib

Here is the deal, I am 260-261 in the AM after a BM. I am between 10-11% fat. There is now way I could lose 18lbs and my strength not be affected and that would suck taking several weeks. However, if I could lose 5 or 6 thru hydrotherapy then making 242 would be doable.

Hawk

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Here is the deal, I am 260-261 in the AM after a BM. I am between 10-11% fat. There is now way I could lose 18lbs and my strength not be affected and that would suck taking several weeks. However, if I could lose 5 or 6 thru hydrotherapy then making 242 would be doable.

Hawk

You know you're going to have to do this like literally right before hand. This isn't really a feasible option to do a week or so prior, if you do it that way you're likely to just put it right back, most of it.

When ever my training partners would do this pre fight we did it the night before. What a diuretic? Or just a sauna suite? I have dropped 12 lbs in a few days from 172-160 and I had to fight the next day. When are the weigh ins?

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Worth a shot hawk you know they say john wayne had something like 20 lbs of impacted matter in his stomach when he died.....you never know. Everyone ive ever heard of doing it said it made them feel great afterwards so cant hurt to try it out.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Might be doable. Be better losing the shit wt rather than more Im h20.
a lot depends on your federations weigh in criteria. I have just seen so many guys bomb from drying out to make wt. Worth looking into CH. T
Thanks, T..

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
You know you're going to have to do this like literally right before hand. This isn't really a feasible option to do a week or so prior, if you do it that way you're likely to just put it right back, most of it.

When ever my training partners would do this pre fight we did it the night before. What a diuretic? Or just a sauna suite? I have dropped 12 lbs in a few days from 172-160 and I had to fight the next day. When are the weigh ins?
Weigh in's are the morning before and the morning of. The problem is like tt mentioned many guys tank by screwing with there water by using diuretics or water manipulation.

Might be doable. Be better losing the shit wt rather than more Im h20.
a lot depends on your federations weigh in criteria. I have just seen so many guys bomb from drying out to make wt. Worth looking into CH. T
Thanks, T..
I did some more digging and while not very popular, the SPF has a 259lb class, which is very doable. I could cut to the 242 by old school dieting but that would mess with my strength for sure since I would have to get close to contest ripped. And I have seen the negative effects of dehydrating.

Thanks T,
Hawk

usmcmuscleman

Nov 4, 2013
Not tm much weight loss from it but I did it 3 times pre contest last one being 2 days out. Flattens stomach so you can get that vacuum pose down! Now it's a must pre contest