©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gyno Surgery

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Not sure what section to put this in, so......sorry if I chose poorly.

Anyway
Got referred to a plastic surgeon since I'm tired of the little boobie on my right pec. Question is, any negatives to the surgery? Recovery time until I can workout again? Should I just do both while I'm there even though the left side is fine?

Thanks fellas

cuz

Mar 7, 2006
The surgery isn't bad. If your gyno isn't really severe asked the doctor to do it in his office with local anesthesia instead of the OR. It will save on cost. I was back in the gym after 2 weeks doing lower body and at 3 weeks doing light upper body (my gyno wasn't severe). Full workouts started around 1 month post surgery. If there is no gyno on the left, don't mess with it.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
The surgery isn't bad. If your gyno isn't really severe asked the doctor to do it in his office with local anesthesia instead of the OR. It will save on cost. I was back in the gym after 2 weeks doing lower body and at 3 weeks doing light upper body (my gyno wasn't severe). Full workouts started around 1 month post surgery. If there is no gyno on the left, don't mess with it.

Was there a cost difference from getting it done office vs. OR?

cuz

Mar 7, 2006
Was there a cost difference from getting it done office vs. OR?

Yes. 1. You would only get a local anesthesia instead of general. 2. You don't have to pay for the OR.

I don't know exactly how much you would save but its a good bit.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Yes. 1. You would only get a local anesthesia instead of general. 2. You don't have to pay for the OR.

I don't know exactly how much you would save but its a good bit.

How long ago did you do this? I only ask because I have had little cysts cut out just as you describe. Over the years however, I have had to go into an OR (not in a hospital). My doc stated that due to possible incections, they MUST now do that. I mean he had two assistants and they counted supplies before and after to ensure nothing was left inside my 1" incision.....:banghead:. A supposed medical insurance thing.:naughty1:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Just have the surgeon do it under anesthesia in the OR for the best outcome.

Recovery isn't bad, but seriously, just give yourself the time off. Are you getting ready for the Olympia? Then in the big picture what does it matter?

Have the surgeon evaluate both sides to ensure they are symmetrical.

I didn't see any negatives to the surgery... Considering I was in pain, it got rid of the pain and made me look and feel better

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I think Atom hits the nail on the head. Just make sure there is symmetry and that everything you have a concern about is addressed. If you have any doubts, ask your docs advice. Better to get everything resolved first time around.

...Also, share your results once it is complete. I'm looking to do this within the next year so I'll be very interested in what you think.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I think Atom hits the nail on the head. Just make sure there is symmetry and that everything you have a concern about is addressed. If you have any doubts, ask your docs advice. Better to get everything resolved first time around.

...Also, share your results once it is complete. I'm looking to do this within the next year so I'll be very interested in what you think.

Start documenting your chest pain now ;) insurance companies tend to have sympathy for that

Make an appt with your primary care about the pain

cuz

Mar 7, 2006
How long ago did you do this? I only ask because I have had little cysts cut out just as you describe. Over the years however, I have had to go into an OR (not in a hospital). My doc stated that due to possible incections, they MUST now do that. I mean he had two assistants and they counted supplies before and after to ensure nothing was left inside my 1" incision.....:banghead:. A supposed medical insurance thing.:naughty1:

Its been about 8 years.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Well I tried to finally make the appointment today just to find out that in the past 4 years they only had 1 patient that was covered by insurance. My price is 7g.
I think I'll try letro again.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Christ bro, 7 grand? Either shits went up recently or you were given a high quote. From what all I've read it shouldnt be more than 5 g max. A while ago on another forum, a member posted how he got insurance to cover it. Normally it's considered an elective-plastic surgery type deal. But this guy said he went to his family physician, told him he had been dealing with his lumps since puberty. Told the doc they always caused pain and discomfort, but had gotten worse over the years. Told him they hurt so bad it's hard to sleep, and if he rolls over on his chest, the pain is so severe it wakes him up in his sleep. He claimed that is the key...you have to start at primary physician and get him to write up the condition as a painful issue that prevents normal sleep and daily life. You cant treat it as something visual that you hate, but something that physically effects you. This starts the insurance process of a debilitating problem. The primary physician then refers him to a surgeon. He claims insurance covered it due to the fact it caused pain and discomfort. Something worth looking into...

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Gyno and insurance
You go to your personal doctor
Tell him you have a lump and your scared as hell about cancer.
You uncle died
your grandfather died of it
Your mom had it
And so on - show them your scared
The next day you will be at a surgeon the next day and on the table a few days later 100% on insurance
They ccan't screw around Cancer man
Got mine done
Guy sucked thow and cut to deep and screwed me up for a

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Yours - you may be to late to go that way
This is why I never tell my doc about juice

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Gyno and insurance
You uncle died
Your mom had it
The next day you will be at a surgeon the next day and on the table a few days later 100% on insurance
Got mine done
i tried this about 15 years ago. Didn't work for me. Ended up getting a mammogram and a diagnosis of non cancerous lumps.

Also got a whole new respect for women who have to have those things done. Having your titties smashed and mashed by medical devices sucks donkey balls regardless your gender.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Gyno and insurance
You uncle died
Your mom had it
Got mine done

That's the problem if your not careful,,,some doctors will just cut them out and not care about your appearance. Sometimes the surjery looks as bad or worse than the gyno. Let them know its a MAJOR concern for you before you go under the knife.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
You have a great point Ashop
My doc was a hack- got his licence pulled 6 months after me for the second patent he killed
He cut threw the cotlige so when I am flat my chest looks like hell but when I am full on stage - you ccan't see a thing