©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Guidance For Mass?!

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
I need a little help..i've heard different things but i put my trust in this board more than i do most guys at the gym. For my next cycle im looking to get just mass put on over winter. What type of sets and reps should i be doing? I know i have to lift heavy but looking for some detail little bit. I've never looked for just mass before so i need some help.

4 sets of 5 reps on everything with warm up set on each exercise?

3 sets of 12-10-8 on exercises??

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
GetSwullll said:
I need a little help..i've heard different things but i put my trust in this board more than i do most guys at the gym. For my next cycle im looking to get just mass put on over winter. What type of sets and reps should i be doing? I know i have to lift heavy but looking for some detail little bit. I've never looked for just mass before so i need some help.

try 5 set of 5 reps on all the big lifts and 4 sets of 6-8 reps on isolation movements. These do not include warm up sets.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
oldfella said:
try 5 set of 5 reps on all the big lifts and 4 sets of 6-8 reps on isolation movements. These do not include warm up sets.

Thanks..should i throw a warm up set on all big lifts too..or just first couple until I'm warm and stretched out.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
GetSwullll said:

do some research on DOGGCRAPP style training.http://www.thepumpingstation.com/doggcrapp.html

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
With the 5 sets of 5 and 4 sets of 6...do i still throw in some good super sets and failure sets here and there, or no?

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
GetSwullll said:
With the 5 sets of 5 and 4 sets of 6...do i still throw in some good super sets and failure sets here and there, or no?
No, don't over complicate this. Just get in and get out. In answer to your earlier question about warm ups. I always like to throw down a light set before I start whacking up the pounds. Just me. This way if it does not feel right I back off a bit or leave it there.