©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Genetic testing

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I've been doing some reading about the new genetic testing services being offered out there and I'm intrigued. Has anyone here used any of these companies and have any feedback?

I'm considering using MuscleGenes. The price is reasonable, and from what I can tell the information is quite comprehensive. 23andMe looks interesting, but you have to pay someone like Phil Hernon to interpret the results for u now, which is a little ridiculous.

Just hoping for a little insight before I go putting my money down.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
I have no clue what you are referencing to, but i am intrigued. More info would be nice. I don't know what type of genetic testing your referring to, show i dont know how to google it lol.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
I think its bunk, but i want to start a business and do it legit but i would charge thousands for something so personal and time consuming.

I bet they just see what type of demographic/culture your from i.e.: native americans, pacific islanders, asians, russians and africans all live in very drastic climates/environments/have different diets, and then have you send a picture and diet/excersize details and then just say oh... asians should eat rice and do kung fu, native americans eat corn and smoke tobacco and ride horses...

I would trust an accredited university or hospital specializing in this endeavor but they chafge over $1000 and only check for genetic disorders.

@phoe2006 it didn't even occur to me to google what the o.p. posted hahaha man smh

Hey sully, if you do go through with it please share, because if it is legit and that cheap that is an awesome innovation.

Last edited:

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I think I might do it. Even if it's bunk, it's only $100. I've wasted more on stupider shit.