©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Food stamps

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Listening to the radio today an they are talking about food stamp fraud. Reminded me of the guy on PM that posted what supplements he should buy with his food stamp card.

Now I know there's people that would need it, but even at my lowest in life, I never would even consider that. I sold plasma every 3 days, bounced at clubs at night an did whatever I had to for food.

What are your thoughts on the system? Talking to people some say fuck it. Since others take advantage they do to. Others think no one should get it.

frizzlefry

Jan 8, 2013
Entitlements in general, I'm torn on it really. My mother had MS till she died and I know that there are people who through no fault of their own do need help and I have no problem helping them. It does seem like the majority of people are just using these systems. We can do more for the people who need help if we do less for the ones who don't. How you sort that out, IDK. All I know is I get up and go to work everyday and everyone else who is able too, ought to be held accountable for taking care of themselves. We live in a world where it is more shameful to work at Mcdonalds than it is to collect welfare. IMO anyway.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I have no problem with people getting help. That's the problem though is that for most people it becomes a crutch instead of help.
We took all kinds of assistance. Were pregnant when I started college and we were both working at JC Penney making 7 bucks an hour. So my first kid was born on medicaid, and we got WIC. Really helped us out a lot.

But then I graduated and got good health insurance at my first real "career" job and our second kid was covered under that. Now I make a decent living and IMO have paid back via my share of taxes all that I was given and then some.

SO in my case I feel it helped us out and gave us a break while we were trying to make something of ourselves and we took advantage and became productive members of society, lol.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
The system is totally inefficient and corrupt. Everyone knows that, but even the most optimistic analyst realizes it would cost more to clean up the corruption that to just let it function as is.

As we like to say, only in America.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I get asked in grocery stores someone wanting to buy my grocery with their card for 50cent on dollar cash .so 100$ would cost me 50$..I say take a hike and I want to break their card. Elderly I say its cool
Under 65 I say rubber up and work. Too many hefers on the doughnut train

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
To many people abusing this system I see it every day i do alot of work for tax credit and section 8 properties and they are full of twenty something bums that are living off welfare when they could get the fuck up and go to work every day like you and i do. Funny story couple weeks ago I was at a property started my machine up at 8:30 am this skinny crack head punk comes outside in his boxers still half asleep cussing me out asking me if i knew what fucking time it was that some people were trying to sleep...I told him ya i know exactly what fucking time it is and some people are trying to work so fucking loosers like you can sleep till noon everyday told him to go back inside and shut his fucking mouth before it wrote a check his ass couldnt cash. He went inside i throttled the machine up another 500 rpms (loud as hell) and went to work took my sweet time doing my job to dude was staring out the window at me when i left lmao got to release a little aggression nobody got hurt and it made my day

frizzlefry

Jan 8, 2013
I get asked in grocery stores someone wanting to buy my grocery with their card for 50cent on dollar cash .so 100$ would cost me 50$..I say take a hike and I want to break their card. Elderly I say its cool
Under 65 I say rubber up and work. Too many hefers on the doughnut train

Do work son!!!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
To many people abusing this system I see it every day i do alot of work for tax credit and section 8 properties and they are full of twenty something bums that are living off welfare when they could get the fuck up and go to work every day like you and i do. Funny story couple weeks ago I was at a property started my machine up at 8:30 am this skinny crack head punk comes outside in his boxers still half asleep cussing me out asking me if i knew what fucking time it was that some people were trying to sleep...I told him ya i know exactly what fucking time it is and some people are trying to work so fucking loosers like you can sleep till noon everyday told him to go back inside and shut his fucking mouth before it wrote a check his ass couldnt cash. He went inside i throttled the machine up another 500 rpms (loud as hell) and went to work took my sweet time doing my job to dude was staring out the window at me when i left lmao got to release a little aggression nobody got hurt and it made my day

Lol.my track hoe exhaust is the section 8 alarm when I'm tearing down a dilapedated structure for new sec 8. Throttle up is right with Metallica cranked in my headphone.. yeah good morning y'all. Nice srd..ib

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I see people in line ahead of me in the grocery stores buying foods better than I can afford to eat with their food stamp cards. That is why I go to Costco now...they don't take em.

Ed17447

Oct 28, 2012
The system is totally inefficient and corrupt. Everyone knows that, but even the most optimistic analyst realizes it would cost more to clean up the corruption that to just let it function as is.

As we like to say, only in America.

:yeahthat: Unfortunately I don't see it changing anytime soon since JP Morgan and Walmart are the largest profit makers off Food Stamps. Too many lobbyists and too few strategists.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Ya, I get tired of it when I get in a line behind someone who has a handful of 'em, like playing cards.

Lame saying, but it is what it is.