©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First shot, sore and tint of redness Help

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
Just started my first cycle and needed some info.....I shot sust 250 in my deltoid....the next day deltoid was very sore and had like a tint of redness(like a sunburn) around the injection spot...its been 3 days and I still have a tint of red and a little bite of soreness.. is this ok and does it go away soon? thanks for your reply

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
People get different reactions from injecting. If it seems to be getting better, you are probably okay. If it doesnt go away, I would recommend going to see a doc.

The below is compliments of partyboy:

Firstly you need to distinguish between a septic and sterile abscess.

If its septic then antibiotics are useful in the early stages.

Different antibiotics are active against different bacteria.
Different abscesses (depending where located) need different antibiotics.

Commonest causes of skin abscesses are Streptococcus and Staphylococcus aureus.

In hospital when I was working in Surgery we would usually use a combination of Flucoxacillin and Penicillin.

Augmentin alone is also effective. Note: augmentin is Co-amoxiclav (Amoxicillin and clauvinic acid), which makes it different to just amoxicillin.
Dose 250mg three times a day (up to 500mg three times a day if serious).

Cephradine can also be used but there are newer and better cephalosporins.

However, antibiotics are useless in the treatment of a well-established abscess because they can’t reach the contents, so if you have an established abscess you will need treatment.

An abscess is a localized collection of pus in any part of the body, usually caused by an infection. Abscesses occur when an area of tissue becomes infected and the body is able to "wall off" the infection to keep it from spreading. During this process "pus" forms, which is an accumulation of fluid, living and dead white blood cells, dead tissue, and bacteria or other foreign invaders or materials.

The majority of abscesses are septic (ie caused by an infection) but sterile abscesses can also occur which are not caused by germs but by non-living irritants such as drugs. If an injected drug, especially oil based ones such as many anabolic steroids are fully not absorbed, it stays where it was injected and may cause enough irritation to generate a sterile abscess. Sterile abscesses are quite likely to turn into hard, solid lumps as they scar, rather than remaining pockets of pus.

(Superficial abscesses are readily visible and are red, swollen, painful and warm. Abscesses in other areas of the body may not be obvious and may produce only generalized symptoms such as fever and discomfort. A sterile abscess may cause only a painful lump deep in the buttock where a shot was given.

If the abscess is small (less than 1 cm or less than a half-inch across), applying warm compresses to the area for about 30 minutes 4 times daily can help.Additionally, localized warm/hot soaks three to five times daily frequently brings an abscess to heal.

A culture or examination of any drainage from the lesion may help identify what organism is causing it. Most will continue to get worse without care. The infection can spread to the tissues under the skin and even into the bloodstream, resulting in septicaemia which can be very serious. Unlike other infections, antibiotics alone will not cure a mature abscess. In general an abscess must open and drain in order for it to improve. Sometimes draining occurs on its own, but generally it must be cut open by a doctor in a procedure called incision and drainage.

Once the sore has drained, the doctor will insert some packing into the remaining cavity to minimize any bleeding and keep it open for a day or two.

lord Humongous

Jan 22, 2004
That is normal. Sust has a little more BA in it so the site will be sore and red. This happens sometimes when I do Prop. Keep an eye on the redness...if it gets swolen get it checked. You are fine.

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
hey man thanks for the info....my deltoid is ok now....redness is gone and the pain is almost gone...I don't even notice it anymore...I am about to take my next shot tom...got a question...THe sus that I have comes in the amps....when using the needle to get the sus out after I do that do I take an alcohol swab and rub the needle with it? I know I do it for the injection site. Let me know bro thanks a gain...lord and tee

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
The needle is already sterile - I wouldn't wipe it with alcohol unless you touch it with a finger or something else that would contaminate it - just my opinion.

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
yeah i did my second shot this morning and no redness this time...still the pain but I guess that is going to happen everytime....thanks for you info bro.....

lord Humongous

Jan 22, 2004
You muscles will get used to it after a while. Sust is one of the more painful, try cyp or enanthate next time.

billyc

Apr 4, 2004
I might do that man.....my deltoid is so sore right now....but I can take it.....Next time I think I will probably do a cutter or something along the lines of that.....If I get good gains from the sust.....I have put on 5 pounds already....I can't believe it but I have.....its crazy....time to get jacked baby yeah!!!!!