©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Fall Pork w/ Apples & Kale

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Gentlemen, I admit it right up front: I EAT my way through the fall, because all my favorite foods are available and fresh right off local farms. This recipe is one of my latest inventions...I've had it three times this week, and it's just as good each time. It is Fall eating the way God intended....Enjoy!

lFall-Pork-with-Apples-&-Kale340859003.jpg

Ingredients

One VERY LARGE pan (a Wok is even better)

3 cups cubed Butternut Squash
2 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 slices Bacon
2 cups chopped Onions
12 smashed & minced Garlic Cloves (yes, a whole bulb!)
1 1/4 pounds Pork Tenderloin
8 cups chopped Kale (Usually one large bunch, any variety)
2 chopped Granny smith (or other pie) Apples
1 cup Apple Cider,
1T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 t Black Pepper
1/4 t salt

Instructions

1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix butternut squash and olive oil in a baking pan, and roast. Let it roast away while you're doing all the other steps. (PS - dont let butternut squash intimidate you. As hard as that skin looks, most potato peelers take it right off: peel it first, and then chop it up. When picking it out, the longer the 'neck' of the squash, the better.)

2) Cook 4 slices of bacon in your largest frying pan (a huge wok is even better.) Cook 5 minutes; remove bacon and put aside. Leave bacon drippings in pan.

3) Cook chopped onions, smashed/minced garlic cloves, and cubed pork in pan, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.

4) Add Kale, cover, cook 5 more minutes. (When preparing Kale, do not use the woody stem ends. Use about 3/4 of the leaf, and then pull the remaining leafy parts off the stems.) This will make your pan overflow, but it cooks down, so don't panic.

5) Mix it all up (carefully), add cider and cider vinegar, cover, and cook 5 more minutes.

6) Remember that squash in the oven? Take it out, and add the squash, apples, the bacon you set aside, and salt & pepper. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Cook, covered, 10 minutes more.

I say it makes 3 servings, but I promise you'll eat 2 of them in one sitting.

Now, take a look at the vitamins in just ONE of those three servings:

Nutritional Value
Makes 3 servings; Amount Per Serving:

Calories 719.3

Total Fat 22.1 g
Saturated Fat 5.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.7 g
Monounsaturated Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 146.4 mg
Sodium 380.4 mg
Potassium 2,345.0 mg

Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
Sugars 15.6 g

Protein 63.9 g

Vitamin A 1,108.5 % (yes, read that again!)

Vitamin B-12 17.8 %
Vitamin B-6 81.4 %
Vitamin C 280.3 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 16.2 %
Calcium 42.0 %
Copper 39.6 %
Folate 26.2 %
Iron 38.4 %
Magnesium 91.2 %
Manganese 100.4 %
Niacin 60.2 %
Pantothenic Acid 22.2 %
Phosphorus 64.7 %
Riboflavin 56.2 %
Selenium 126.3 %
Thiamin 132.5 %
Zinc 39.7 %

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Heyyyy MBC how's it going brutha!! This sounds awesome and is set to be cooked as soon as I got my half a pig cut up.. Thanks!!!

I thought you sent me seal a meal dinners many months back ? Quit the bullshit mailman musta ate them story. .. :)