©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Eating less after exercise??

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Apparently we are not normal men. I'm with you. After squats, I can't stop eating!

Yeah, I think we are a different breed. Leg day should be accompanied with massive amounts of fuel. A properly trained body demands it.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Eating less must be for dieters because after intense exercise i have intense appetite and we break down muscle and need fuel to recouperate.. how olds that.article?.

Roman

Jul 5, 2013
It depends on what food is offered. I don't know if I could eat oatmeal right after a workout but meat, lettuce, potatoes, etc. definitely!

Denzel

Jul 27, 2013
After doing any exercise it is good to eat less quantity food. Fruits are best food to eat after workout. Fruit juice is also beneficial.

1superman

Jul 20, 2013
Lost my appetite for a few hours today, only because of 120 mg's of ephedrin hcl, 200 mg's caffine and 81 mg's aspirin before my workout :eek: I felt like an unstoppable bulldozer :D Probaly lost 5 lbs of water too. Now ready for steak and eggs meal Mmmm.

LisaKeith97

Donating Member
May 3, 2013
The article was about overweight dudes and how they ate less after intense cardio in a small study. While I can down some serious groceries as well after a serious lifting session, a hard cardio session does temporarily decrease my appetite.

peter101

Jan 2, 2013
I have check your link and found really nice and informative article there. I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Depends on the training session.If it's a doozy and I'm trippin on endorphins
My appetite is shut off for a sec. In that case I will force down some whey and a nice shot of carbs . About 90 mins -2 hrs later I'm ravenous.
I'm usually in need of serious rehydration. Once watered up I get hungrier.
I need to be using IB'S during work out hydration blend..... T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Another reason I really like training in the AM in that after I get done, although I am not "ravenous" due to my intra-workout, I am hungry and can house a good bit of food and this really throws the fuel on the metabolic fire in the morning.

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
When we exercise we usually want to eat to replace the fuel we burned away , but it turns out that exercise actually decreases hunger for a short period.

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
The protein in our muscles is the only energy source a starving person has. If you’re not eating, your body will destroy muscle cells to release that protein so it can convert it to energy.

Coeda

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
So i guess above posted article is for normal people, cause after workout abnormal people can will eat a calf if not cow (Its just a figure of speech by the way, i hope you get the picture of what i am trying to say)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Big leg or back day I really force it down if needed . That article was for main stream fat puds.... We aint mainstream........ Feedbag utmost importance.
T

reckbates

Jan 5, 2014
I know I eat less when I exercise and in addition am in general actively busy for most of the day....I am retired and when I spend my day in the garden, running errands, meeting with friends, doing chores, etc., I just eat less because I'm not home alone with the refrigerator and nothing to do. My husband and I walk 3 to 6 miles 4 to 5 times a week but that does not keep me from gaining weight if I am not very active the rest of the time, bored and around food all day.

fastron75

Jan 4, 2013
lately I haven't had a huge appetite after a hard workout and that day but the next day watch out im looking for anything to eat

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
High intensity exercise lead to appetite suppression and changes in hormones that regulate hunger and fullness