©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Does it really matter?

Does it matter which protein powder you purchase?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Jul 5, 2013
I want to purchase some protein isolate but I'm unsure which to purchase. I have been getting my protein from food (a lot of food) but want a protein powder for many reasons.

Thanks

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Several things you need to look at:

Brand reputation: Are they GMP certified, ISO 9000, full disclosure with customers, offer up certificates of analysis, accurate product claims...

Product Purity: Are there fillers? What is percentage of protein by weight? What is the product flavored with?

Ingredient Sourcing: Does the company discuss how they source material? What they look for in suppliers? Where the ingredients come from?

Company Values: Do they want to get the best product for customers or are they simply looking to draw you in on price? What matters to the company?

Do they support their products with good customer service?

And of course, the overall ingredient profile.

In the end, it does matter. Shit protein can cause some digestive issue and may be made with inferior ingredients. Also, some companies have been know to provide far less protein than the product label claims, so a responsible company matters.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Great reply, Atom. I wish everyone knew those points...GNC would go out of business within weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.