©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Distilled water precontest?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Was curious if people here use distilled water to drink as like a sodium puller , toxin remover during precontest dieting or just as standard water throughout the day? Reason i asked I was forced to buy a gallon of distilled due to all that was available and i swear it made me dry inside . Kinda almost cramping ? Thanks Ib .

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Was curious if people here use distilled water to drink as like a sodium puller , toxin remover during precontest dieting or just as standard water throughout the day? Reason i asked I was forced to buy a gallon of distilled due to all that was available and i swear it made me dry inside . Kinda almost cramping ? Thanks Ib .

I've drank more distilled water than I care to remember while cutting weight for fights.

My experience and that of other training partners of mine is that what you experienced is unusual. You'd have to be electrolyte depleted in the first place for that to happen.

I assume there is a possibility but it's highly unlikely that drinking a lil distilled water would throw you off that fast.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Distilled water should not have that much of an impact on you. Unless the water you are drinking beforehand was stacked with sodium and potassium, then the difference would likely be marginal.

Perhaps your eletrolytes are off? Are you using any stims?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yeah. I was Atom ..plus hot outside and dripping crystals of tne on the ground..
I think now i had two gallons in 2 days. So I grabbed up some True gear for the summer ..thanks guys ..ib

darksidefitness

Dec 7, 2012
Like others said...2 weeks out before meet...2 gallons/1 gallon and stop 2 days before weigh-in. Don't make me thirsty until the last couple days but there is also the weigh cutting (cold/hot) involve...