©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

distal bicep torn and surgery

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
Few weeks ago I tore my bicep (lower by the elbow). An ortho doctor, supposedly the best in my area fixed the tear. My issues post op are numbess in my thumb and pointer finger and almost no range of motion in middle, ring and pinky fingers. It's like they are paralyzed. He stated at my follow up visit that this was normal with this surgery and should return to normal in time. I'm about to drive myself insane worrying about it and wanted to hear from others and if they had any of these symptoms I'm experiencing.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I've recuperated from that surgery, bull. All normal what you are feeling. It is a long recovery. You should be close to 100% at about 6 months +.

Good luck, don't get down, you will be back to full strength eventually. That injury is a long recovery though. Brutal.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Had the same thing brother and it is normal. You can thank advancements for that. See, the radial tuberosity (tendon attachment point), is right under the highly sensitive radial nerve, and must be slightly moved the surgery. Just touching it will cause this to happen. Mine was numb for about 4 months. Did you get the endobutton procedure? Strong as hell. Wouldn't recommend it, but I was pulling 500 by 4 months. Do your scar massage, ice, stretches, and stay away from inflammatory foods. You can also add tb-500 and BPC-157 to aid in recovery, I did. My surgeon was the surgeon for the Yankees and he said he never seen a faster recovery.

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
I appreciate the help guys. Makes me feel a bit better. Just scared I will never be able to return to work, I can't be one of these people that sit at home all day. I'll go crazy lol