©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Deerfield Beach Bust

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
A man and woman were charged with possession of steroids with intent to sell in Deerfield Beach - Sun Sentinel

A duo was anything but pumped about discovering they were allegedly selling steroids to an undercover cop near a Deerfield Beach gym.

Bari Gold, 35, and Craig Neal, 39, were charged with 90 and 174 counts, respectively, of possession of anabolic steroids with intent to sell.

Each count represents the number of vials of the illegal substance that each possessed.

The pair appeared before Broward County Judge John "Jay" Hurley during magistrate court Wednesday afternoon. Gold was ordered held on $15,000 bond; Neal, who had previously been convicted on drug charges and identified himself as a cook, was ordered held on $174,000 bond.

Poison Control identified the vials of the illegal substance as steroids, according to a supplemental document read by Assistant State Attorney Eric Linder.

Gold, who told Hurley she's been working at L.A. Fitness for the past four months, brokered the deal and admitted to it, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office report.

"I'll do whatever it takes to clean this up," Gold said during her hearing.

The Deerfield Beach woman met with the undercover deputy Tuesday evening in the 1100 block of East Hillsboro Boulevard down the street from L.A. Fitness gym, authorities said. Gold had agreed to deliver 90 vials of steroids for $3,150.

Upon meeting with the deputy, Gold called Neal, who arrived with a box full of steroid vials. He placed the box atop his car trunk and then noticed a deputy conducting surveillance.

Neal, of Coral Springs, then warned Gold to walk away. He, too, walked away and left the box of drugs on top of his car, the Sheriff's Office said. Both suspects were arrested.

According to the report, Neal "spontaneously stated 'it's all mine, it's all mine'" during a search of his car.

vintagemuscle

AnaSCI VIP
Sep 24, 2003
I missed this in the news it really was not well publicized. I live about 15 minutes from that gym but I have never been to an LA Fitness facilty.