©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Deca vs npp ; normal vs high dose

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Sorry for making threads, just trying to keep it active and spark discussion, hope that's not a crime lol.

Ok let's get some discussion on this topic about nandrolone.
Give your input on these questions

#1) Do you feel that Deca or NPP provides better *MUSCLE* gains provided they are both taken in about the same dosages?

Yes they are both the same compound - but some people swear up and down that NPP or DECA gave them BETTER results. Some people will claim that 900 deca blew 900 npp out of the water, and some say that 600 npp blew 900 deca out of the water for changing their body and some say that 600 deca blew 900 npp out of the water! Soooooo many mixed reviews.

#2) What kind of changes in gains did you see in taking the normal recommended dose (up to about 600mg/week) versus high doses (900+)? Do you think it was worth it to pass the ~1gram area of deca/npp ? Where would you reside to try and get the best amount of muscle out of this compound without just putting in a ton more oil to get SLIGHTLY better gains?

I'll go first based on MANY irl friends experiences:

-NPP hands down. 900 Npp > 1200 Deca to give an illustration...
-150 NPP/ED[About 1k a week] causes a big difference in gains than the standard 400-600 a week. Increase in size isn't that much more, but the strength is more noticeable, and it actually begins to "transform" your body a bit more... I think it's because it actually starts recomping you more at these higher doses?

Your turn! =)

Last edited:

Majere1313

Apr 14, 2014
I've only run Deca so I can't speak from experience but NPP does cause leaner gains and less bloating than Deca. When I asked why a fellow GrAnabolic rep from another board had this to say. This is copy and pasted...

little background on NPP and why it bloats less.

We often hear of people running "deca", but I consider this to be a misnomer. What we are actually talking about is Nandrolone. Deca is simply an abbreviation for Decanoate which is the Ester. The name "Deca" comes from a product created by Organon called Decca Durabolin hence the nickname "Deca". Decanoate or Phenyl Prop are the Esters we will find with Nandrolone. More on that later.
Nandrolone is a NOR 19 compound, which is a modified testosterone hormone with the carbon atom removed at the 19th position. Nandrolone has an anabolic to androgenic ratio of 125:37. This means we get a very good anabolic boost with a moderate androgenic property. There is a low aromatizing property to nandrolone, it converts to estrogen at only about 20%, as much as Testosterone. So Estrogen control should be quite easy with a standard dose of the Ai. of your choice.
A Benefit of Nandrolone is the versatility, allowing it to be used for both cutting or bulking cycles. Phenylprop would typically be the choice for cutting, though. A very well known effect from Nandrolone is it's ability to relive joint pain. I can attest to this first hand as i have found great relief from arthritic joint pain by using Nandrolone. Be warned, however, this relief is not part of a permanent repair to joint tissue. Although some research does claim that Nandrolone stimulates collagen production and increases IGF production. Red blood cell production also increases which decreases muscle catabolism, increases endurances by bringing more oxygen to muscle cells , and clears lactic acid quicker. A study with post menopausal women showed nandrolone to be effective treatment against osteoporosis and anemia. Through my own blood tests I can confirm a significant increase to blood iron levels.
Reportedly side effects can be insomnia, nausea and diarrhea, although I have never experiences any of these from nandrolones. Much more common side effects are water retention, testicular atrophy and impotence, A.K.A. "Deca Dick". None of these side effect should be taken lightly, however these are generally very manageable if you understand where they are coming from.
Nandrolones cause the slow down of endogenous testosterone, hence the reason you always supplement with testosterone. Generally speaking, testosterone should be run at twice the dosage of Deca or Npp. This is also a progestenic steroid, causing an increase in progesterone. This contributes to ? HPTA shut down and testicular atrophy. This can be counteracted with the use of HCG which acts as LH would and stimulates the testes. Increased progesterone also causes a rise in prolactin. This is the substance produced in the body after orgasm, creating a feeling of being satisfied. You can see how this would reduce libido greatly. Cabergoline or Bromocriptine will take care of excess prolactin easily .
When Nandrolone is used with the decanoate ester it has a very long half life of 15 days. Making once weekly injections is sufficient. Phenylprop half life is much shorter at 5 days, making it possible to run NPP on a 4 day schedule. At day 5 with Npp a severe drop off of plasma levels is seen. An interesting point to note is that higher blood plasma levels are found when gluteal injections are used over deltoids. Although the half life is quite long, detection in the system is much longer. In fact, Nandrolone Deca can be detected up to 18 months from usage.
![](http://i41.tinypic.com/907kp3.jpg)
NPP and Nandralone Deca releases almost the same amount of hormone per 100 mg. 69 and 65% respectively. Yet a distinct difference between the two is water retention and being much less on NPP. NPP is often credited for giving cleaner gains. Also because of it's short active life any sides that become more of an issue than expected , will be alleviated quite quickly.
Gains from Nandro is generally slow and steady, although use of NPP as a kick start will accelerate things a bit. Deca or Npp cycles should be run for a minmimum of 12 weeks, with 16 being optimal and 18 being no problem at all. About two weeks after the cycle has ended an aggressive P.C.T. of Nolva , Clomid and Hcg must be used, due to the highly suppressive nature of the compound.
So, for a quick summary, Decca for joint therapy can be as low as 100mg week, but to witness real gains the dosage will need to be more like 400-600 mg a week. You may run your Npp on a 2-4 day injection schedule and your ND on a 4 day to 1 week schedule.
Remember your test and make 2:1 your starting point. Poor sexual performance would require increasing beyond that ratio. have your progesterone drugs on hand in addition to normal A.I as you will most certainly need to regulate progesterone/prolactin issues.
With this information and shared knowledge you should certainly be able to prepare for and run one of the best compounds on the market today, Nandrolone Decanoate or Nandrolone Phenylprop .
Effects of nandrolone decanoate therapy on bone mass and calcium metabolism 
in women with established post-menopausal osteoporosis: a double-blind 
placebo-controlled study.Gennari C, AgnusDei D, Gonnelli S, Nardi P.Maturitas.

so when We're talking about a short esters,and how the ester works?
Lets brake this down in long ester terms with ester build up.. a great illustration to give here is the overall amount of ester being used at any given time..concerning the active ester!
Prop ester,giving the fact that's a propionic acid ester, its lesser in weight,thus its in a smaller ester chain, it will mobilize faster, leading to less build up.. clearing faster..Now consider using a heaver weight ester (enth/cyp), this ester tends to create a significant build up faster than it can actually metabolize,providing the user at any giving time a steady supply of a high concentration at any given moment..keep in mind here guys, when utilizing a shorter ester that clears faster and skips the build up phase known as the ( partition co-efficient effect ).. heavier the ester, greater the build up ( basics) and a larger release over time.. The shorter ester works in the same respects as a long ester and similar manner,however with respect to release in the blood, and what's actually bio-available.. a side note..The enzymes called hydrolysate is responsible for braking down the ester from the testosterone molecule and dictating what ester is to be more active in the blood.. thus. the prop is what we call ( in and out ).. It doesn't allow the body to convert or have the test ester manipulated and concerted into estro..Thus leading to less water retention.. You actually utilizing more test, with less estro effects.. when pure test doesn't have any conversion,or e2/ stimulation..the effects are leaner, and more quality..

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I am no chemist or guru, but I can read, think and have experience with both. So I will answer you from that background. On paper short esters have more compound(aas) and less ester per cc. So logic dictates that regardless of claims that npp is stronger just like 100 proof whiskey is stronger than 20 proof beer. Sure youll get drunk on both and suffer a different hangover from each, but whiskey is stronger and who cares what idiot says otherwise.

In reality each ester will produce a slightly differing effect while using. Deca will convert and the prolactin and make you hold water and the scale will climb. And usually the same idiots who gain 20lbs on every anadrol tab they take will claim to gain 50 on deca. This by no means suggests deca is not a fantastic compound and can be used to build some hard core muscle.

Actually deca is my second favorite aas (not including T). My first is npp...as is the majority of my gym rat buddies. You can take the same or more mgs as deca and suffer far less prolactin related sides. The two downsides are that it costs you more and you have to pin more cc's.

Hope that helps,
Hawk

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
350mg of NPP a week was enough to send me into a prolactin nightmare for months! I'll never touch a nandrolone again...

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Im fixing to start a high dose npp t400 injectable dbol not sure how high dose but higher than normal prob start at a gram of t and a gram of npp then 75 to 100mg a day of the dbol for a few weeks see what happens usually my appetite tanks a few weeks in and its hard to grow but this go round ive got some ghrp6 to throw in the mix may add some eq also

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
my buddy is about to hop on 2k+ of Deca a week for 6 weeks alongside 100anadrol a day, he will report back the results lol

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
My choice would be Deca on a lengthy size cycle . lengthy for me meaning 12 -16 weeks. I made best gains with nandrolone laurate on a long test and dbol cycle. Years ago. Npp which was the old durabolin way back then would be used as a intermediate or cycle in between the watery bulk mentioned above and trying to get to really low bf numbers while using other compounds not mentioned here. As far as the prolactin issues they subsided in a few weeks for me always as long as I pct correctly. T

anzel

May 8, 2014
I have done test c and deca but really wanna try Prop and NPP just to see whats up.
Im thinkin of doing a cycle with var for the last 6-8 weeks

frizzlefry

Jan 8, 2013
Prop and NPP is awesome but its a ton of ccs to pin. ED pin is best way to go IMO especially if your running moderate to high doses.

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Does anybody get absolutely terrible vivid nightmares on Nandrolone?
What do you guys do to make them go away?