©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dallas patient tests positive for Ebola

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Dallas patient has tested positive for Ebola, the first case ever diagnosed in the United States.

A statement sent out Monday night by the hospital says it's based on the person's symptoms and recent travel history. The hospital has not said if the patient is a man or a woman.

Officials with the Texas Dept. of State Health Services said the patient traveled to West Africa and developed symptoms after their return to Texas, but it is unknown which country they were in.

A press conference with details about the diagnosis is planned for Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 p.m and will be streamed live online and shown on air.

A CDC team is already on its way to Dallas to meet with health officials and coordinate a response.

Both the hospital and health officials say strict federal isolation and testing guidelines are being followed and the risk of an outbreak in Dallas is low.

"Unless you have exchanged bodily fluids with this individual this is a low risk for people in Dallas County. So we want to ease the fear. We're talking about bodily fluids transmission, not just sitting right here together that being an issue," said Dallas County Health Director Zach Thompson.

Thompson also said unlike Africa, Dallas County has the infrastructure needed to deal with Ebola.

The World Health Organization says the Ebola outbreak in West Africa has killed more than 3,000 people.

According to the CDC, Ebola symptoms can include fever, muscle pain, vomiting and bleeding, and can appear as long as 21 days after exposure to the virus.

The CDC has said that 12 other people in the U.S. have been tested for Ebola since July 27. Those tests came back negative.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I'm sure we are going to start hearing a lot more about this. The worst part is every one that panics and runs to the ER because they have a feaver a d waste the doctors time.

1superman

Jul 20, 2013
A pic of Ebola virus in a human. Believed to originate in Africa from eating Bat soup. Disgusting!

bi8dhj.jpg

1superman

Jul 20, 2013
This is what I read.

Legal experts have determined that the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) would classify the duration needed to quarantine and treat an Ebola sufferer as “long-term care”. Standard insurance plans do not include long-term care coverage and such instances would require a separate policy for long-term care in order to be covered.

1superman

Jul 20, 2013
On August 1, 2014, President Barack Obama held a combination press conference and filibuster. Among other things, he stated:

Keep in mind that Ebola is not something that is easily transmitted. That’s why, generally, outbreaks dissipate.

Contrary to Obama’s statement, Ebola is easily transmitted. Moreover, past outbreaks have dissipated because the infected people died so quickly that the opportunity to infect other people was reduced.

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Stop going to these shit hole 3rd world countries ! Stay the fuck out or you must pay to get tested before leaving them and tested when you return add in into the airfare or something
They quarantine animals when shipped here should be the same for people when they come from there

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Yea go figure. It might be planned to scare all the non covered people to buy into it.

Ya...or taxpayers footing the bill for innoculating all the indigent...just like we pay for them to be treated over and over for being non compliant with their drug or alcohol induced diseases

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
This is what I read.

Legal experts have determined that the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) would classify the duration needed to quarantine and treat an Ebola sufferer as “long-term care”. Standard insurance plans do not include long-term care coverage and such instances would require a separate policy for long-term care in order to be covered.

Awesome, I cant wait to pay for everyones long term care lol

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Stop going to these shit hole 3rd world countries ! Stay the fuck out or you must pay to get tested before leaving them and tested when you return add in into the airfare or something
They quarantine animals when shipped here should be the same for people when they come from there
For real, and what was this nasty fu*k doing swapping bodily fluids with someone in west Africa? And why was he in contact with school age children, which is what I just saw being reported on CNN

Hospital: oh, you just got back from Liberia and you feel like shit? Were going to go ahead and discharge you anyways! Wtf?

Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Agreed.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I knew this crap would get here through an airport and they keep saying we have this under control here, but they don't.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Doomsday prepping time guys! I'm about to hit my bunker and be of the grid if this gets out of control.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I hate to say this but we just need to quarantine them all and let nature take its course and then burn all that remains otherwise I'm sure this could go from manageable to world wide epidemic in a matter of a few months. Also like animals that are brought into our country we should quarantine these people for an unspecified amount of time to make sure they don't have it

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I hate to say this but we just need to quarantine them all and let nature take its course and then burn all that remains otherwise I'm sure this could go from manageable to world wide epidemic in a matter of a few months. Also like animals that are brought into our country we should quarantine these people for an unspecified amount of time to make sure they don't have it
Phoe, what if it changes or morphs into something else? I don't know if that's possible but that's scary.